King of the Hill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roy
Level 7 CPU

Mega Man
  RoyMaster4

PostSubject: King of the Hill   Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:33 pm

I was playing Battleblock Theater (Since $4 on Steam) and when looking at the Vs modes, I came accross this. How would King of the Hill work in a platformer setting?

This is how. On the stage are these 'crown' platforms. Every second you stand on one of these platforms, you get a point. The goal is to get the most amount of points within a set time limit. So the goal ends up trying to keep on the platform while keeping opponents off of them. You can add twists simply with platform arrangement - what if there were 2 crown platforms far away from each other? There's an element of strategy now involved.

This can be applied to ANY level in the game, all you need to do is add a mode-specific platform or paste it over an existing part of the stage. This can even be done free-for-all or team mode! There are no limits!

As far as I'm concerned, the more modes the better. Between this, Capture the Flag, and Tag Team, there are enough modes for everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athorment

Athorment

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:49 pm

Seems like you got your wish ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://athorment.deviantart.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Actually, we got King of the Ring which is a little different...but similar enough I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King of the Hill   

Back to top Go down

King of the Hill
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1