View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

An uncurable discomfort? Empty
PostSubject: An uncurable discomfort?   An uncurable discomfort? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:15 pm

First, I'd like to note that this would have went into the spam section because it's a bit melodramatic, however, this is what I believe to be a psychological issue, and I have no clue how to remedy or cope with it. Carry on.

I power up my PC, do my normal Youtube and Facebook routine. That's usually all I have to check, disregarding my 4 years flooded email box and at least a hundred different sites I signed up on to either leech off of or never use again. However, soon after discovering this game and forum, I embedded it into my schedule. Seems like I needed a bit more centralized of a community; it's only healthy. I believe that forums like this walk all over Facebook, primarily because everyone cares about the same thing, and we can opt not to be subject to controversy, or politics, or religion, or whatever keywords will make people jump out of their chairs these days.

Continuing. I search around, looking for places to post. After a while, or else if I'm tight on time, 8/10 times when I visit, I won't post anything. I refuse to. It's all past experience that ruins it for me.

The only active forums I've ever participated in were The Super Mario World Central forums, and the I Wanna Be The Forums. I was into IWBTF back when I was about eight or nine, and of course I acted immature. I was probably the biggest pest on the site. I didn't even understand how signatures worked, I just tried posting irrelevant but funny things after each one of my idiotic trash-spews. I'd directly link you to the topics, but I wouldn't want to bring that awful, 2008 reputation I had there into here. Not even as a memory to laugh at. Why? Because I got hit HARD with forum reality. On SMWC I got banned for ridiculous overposting with no content, as well as screaming fit that nobody liked me. On IWBTF I got an inbox from somebody to kill myself. Obviously left that site. Cried for a day. I've been scared of forums since.

Me complaining about other sites (You probably shouldn't click this and I probably shouldn't have written it):

And now, guess what? I'm back on a forum, but I've encountered something I know by now is super dangerous. Necrobumping. I recognize that it's been a common vexation across tons of forums, however, almost all of the threads I see on this site are back in mid 2013. I'm scared of accidentally touching old topics and getting heckled for bumping. Not saying I would, but I found myself researching and almost posting in topics back from 2012. It scares me, really. What do you guys think? Am I looking at all of this way too seriously, or has the site been quiet since the decline of community involvement? Or is it a third factor?

resetti  Sorry for the extensive post, by the way...  resetti
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: An uncurable discomfort?   An uncurable discomfort? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:11 pm

You would have to be EXTREMELY anti social to be a regular user of 4Chan (not saying your friend is anti social). This forum is rather quiet than most communities, you aren't exactly looking far too deep into it.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: An uncurable discomfort?   An uncurable discomfort? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:36 pm

This is an interesting topic.

This forum itself is drama-free as far as personal matters are concerned. If there are any arguments, its usually relating to development of the game itself. But even those are a rarity.

Post activities are usually low during the first 6 months of the year. Mainly cause a majority of users on this forum are between ages of their early teens to early twenties (with the exception of myself who is reaching his late twenties -_-). Most of these guys are just busy with school and other personal matters. Expect post activities to pick up by late May - around June. It will be active through the summer. When fall comes, it will still be somewhat active, but not as much as the summer. Same with winter. By January, the cycle repeats itself.

Even though Dettadeus is the lead Admin of the forum, technically I take care of all the forum Administration and some Moderations here and there. Us mods don't mind posting on a thread thats only a few months outdated as long as the topic had not drawn to any conclusions. Also, as long as your post has any relevant or valued information then its not a problem. However, if you were to bump a thread that is like 6 months old for example and all you post is "oh thats cool" or anything that doesn't contribute to the topic, then yea, it would rub one the wrong way. So yea, most of us mods are usually very easy-going as long as you respect others. Warnings are a common thing here if something is wrong. So if you get one don't take it to the heart. As long as your willing to cooperate and respect others, then your good.

Call me old-school for this, but what is it with kids these days spending a majority of their social life on the internet? I can understand Facebook to contact friends to chat at late night or to make plans, but spending the whole day away, idk. Don't get me wrong, I'm on this forum from afternoon till night, but its mainly cause I'm trying to do Crusade-related work, which has become a personal hobby for me now. Idk, personally I never understood the appeal of staying on the computer all day as a social life. When I'm socializing, I'm out on dates, movies, parties, with friends directly, etc.

But yea, its common to feel a certain way about how you can find comfort within the forum. Its basically out of past experience for you.

Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: An uncurable discomfort?   An uncurable discomfort? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:47 pm

A major thank you, Smash King. You made me feel so much better about my day. I was fairly certain I could feel some warmer vibes coming off of this forum when I first entered, it just wasn't common for me. Oh, yeah, and I forgot to rant about SomethingAwful and YouChew's community, but I'm kind of glad I didn't. (No, I didn't buy an SA account, I just lurked for a bit. Razz)

Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: An uncurable discomfort?   An uncurable discomfort? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:53 pm

No problem

Also, I would strongly recommend stopping by the chatbox on the bottom of the homepage. That is usually the hang-out spot of the forum where everyone socializes the most.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: An uncurable discomfort?   An uncurable discomfort? EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 1:11 am

As Smash King said, you should just worry about not being mean, and that's most of it
As long as you are kind, there's not gonna be a single problem in your way(at least on this forums)
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: An uncurable discomfort?   An uncurable discomfort? EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:02 am

Most topics from 2012 might not be relevant anymore depending on what they are about. If you think that they might be relevant, and you have something to say about it, you may either want to make a new topic about it, or if you feel if its important enough, bumping the topic might be OK. I know in a few instances where the bump was relevant and important and people weren't upset.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An uncurable discomfort?   An uncurable discomfort? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 2:54 am

Lmao go outside or pick up a book

The fact that you can't retrospectively laugh at the stupid shit you did online when you were 9 speaks volumes for you as a person. Take it easy, don't be a turbonerd who gets emotionally attached to internet communities. I've been there. Not worth it.

Also nobody cares if some new blood bumps a thread from 6 months ago, this forum is a tightly knit community of ~30 people with far better things to worry about. If the community was more densely populated I could see the annoyance in necrobumping, but the small group of regulars are relaxed enough about that kind of thing. Don't worry.

Like SK said, this forum is dead 90% of the time now that development is (rightfully) behind closed doors. Activity will pick up once the next release drops, but for now there's nothing left to discuss.

Also all the entertaining shit from 2011 and 2012 is long lost. Don't waste your time reading through the old threads. There's nothing good.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: An uncurable discomfort?   An uncurable discomfort? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:09 am

notbro wrote:
Lmao go outside or pick up a book

The fact that you can't retrospectively laugh at the stupid shit you did online when you were 9 speaks volumes for you as a person. Take it easy, don't be a turbonerd who gets emotionally attached to internet communities. I've been there. Not worth it.

Also nobody cares if some new blood bumps a thread from 6 months ago, this forum is a tightly knit community of ~30 people with far better things to worry about. If the community was more densely populated I could see the annoyance in necrobumping, but the small group of regulars are relaxed enough about that kind of thing. Don't worry.

Like SK said, this forum is dead 90% of the time now that development is (rightfully) behind closed doors. Activity will pick up once the next release drops, but for now there's nothing left to discuss.

Also all the entertaining shit from 2011 and 2012 is long lost. Don't waste your time reading through the old threads. There's nothing good.
The primary reason I made this topic was to explain some of my overzealous activity on this site, and any post that I may later make. Crusade is a passion for me, and if I sound like a "turbonerd", it's because sometimes I feel like one. I was hesitant posting this because people would judge me from my old crap, which I do have a good chuckle at every now and then. At the time though, what was I suppose to think? I was a 3rd grade aspie with somebody perhaps mid-twenties telling me I was absolutely useless.

And yeah, I get attached pretty hard, you've probably noticed. But the extra fervor I include in my posts are often direct translations of what I feel in real life.

I guess what I should be worried about is not posting aids-infested dramabait posts like this on the forum I'm currently on. Facepalm 
Back to top Go down
Kiddragon
Level 3 CPU
Kiddragon

PostSubject: Re: An uncurable discomfort?   An uncurable discomfort? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:41 pm

Take it easy, we all make mistakes.

People here are friendly and kind, you should get a place here very fast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An uncurable discomfort?   An uncurable discomfort? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:39 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
I guess what I should be worried about is not posting aids-infested dramabait posts like this on the forum I'm currently on. Facepalm 
Well of course, you're not off to a good start at all

Though you seem to be smart and articulate enough to recognize your problems so you'll improve fairly quickly if you act on it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An uncurable discomfort?   An uncurable discomfort? Empty

Back to top Go down

An uncurable discomfort?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Tea Room-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com