HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sven the Turtle
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:19 pm

So as, I'm sure, all of you must know already, Jigglypuff has received a secondary fairy typing. However, there have been no changes in its move set that reflect this change.

I suggest that we switch its side special to Dazzling Gleam. I feel like Pound is kinda a pointless move, especially since it is literally one of the weakest moves in the Pokemon franchise. Dazzling Gleam, however, would better represent the new and improved Jigglypuff and give it a more diverse moveset.

Idk really what it would look like, but I can see it either being:
a) Some type of beam
b) Some type of wave
c) An attack that surrounds Jigglypuff, kinda like Gooey's down special but one that starts like that and spreads.

If we were to go with the last option, then it would probably fit the neutral or down special better. Idk though.

Is this a good idea? Sorry if it's terrible, I just thought that Jigglypuff's moves were kinda dull.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU

Waluigi
  Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Well I feel like Jigglypuff is a very competitive character, but I do agree. Others may not though, but I completely agree, Jigglypuff deserves some sort of fairy move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU

Random
  C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:17 pm

I think Pound is one of the most useful moves in Smash. It not only aids in recovery, but it works well in setting up follow ups. I say we replace Rollout. NO ONE ever uses that move. I'd replace it with Disarming Voice, given Jigglypuff's connection to moves that produce sound.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercuryHg34

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:40 pm

I like C_Mill's idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU

Waluigi
  Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:06 pm

I agree with C_Mill as well, even if I always use rollout Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doqtor Kirby
Level 6 CPU

Ganondorf
  Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Sven the Turtle wrote:
down special.
Replace Rest?
Replace Rest?
Replace Rest?????
what
One of Jigglypuff's games revolves around setting up for Rest, and is one of the most important moves in her set. I see no reason to replace the Rest.
C_Mill24 wrote:
I think Pound is one of the most useful moves in Smash. It not only aids in recovery, but it works well in setting up follow ups. I say we replace Rollout. NO ONE ever uses that move. I'd replace it with Disarming Voice, given Jigglypuff's connection to moves that produce sound.
This.

p.s. sorry I may have overreacted a wee bit
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.doqk.ml/
Sven the Turtle
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:44 pm

I wasn't really saying that I wanted to replace rest, I was saying that that move would work best as a down special. Don't put words in my mouth Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:53 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
This is like, the best idea ever, seriously
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:36 am

If one of Jigglypuff's specials were to go, it would have to be Rollout. Rest and Pound are two of the most useful specials in the game and Sing is pretty iconic. Some fairy move over Rollout would be fine imo.

SSBC Head Character Balancer

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Competitive discussion is what I do

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:59 pm

It's been quite some time since I posted on discussions... No, since I posted at all Razz

Anyway, for some reference, here's all the Fairy moves Jigglypuff can learn and some comments:

- Disarming Voice
It should be an attack with low/medium damage and knockback, but with really good range in some way, right? It's supposed to "never miss".

- Dazzling Gleam
I forgot atm how this move works - the animation - and I'm too lazy to look up now, so no ideas <_<

- Misty Terrain
We can disconsider this one because it's a support move that only prevents status effects for everyone. Unless there's another completely different way to use it, of course.

- Charm
Basically a physical attack debuff.

- Sweet Kiss
It confuses the foe, and I actually had an idea for this one.
It could work by using the actual attack's animation as a projectile or something. And the effect is switching the opponent's controls in some way temporarily: normal attack button = special and vice versa, every directional input reversed (up and down too) or randomized, or even both effects.
Of course, it could be blocked/dodged, but it's another way to disable/mess up the opponent a bit (more indirect than Sing) if used right.

(I hope I didn't forget anything...)

Well, I agree Jigglypuff should have a Fairy-type move and it should replace Rollout.
But for the "sound-based" argument: She already has Sing for that. And 2 sound-based Special Moves? Every Special should be different in some way :/
But even though I'm saying this, I don't really disagree with Disarming Voice being used.

And BTW, isn't Pound actually Wake-Up Slap on Crusade? Just asking .-.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU

Random
  C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Ness_64 wrote:
It's been quite some time since I posted on discussions... No, since I posted at all Razz

Anyway, for some reference, here's all the Fairy moves Jigglypuff can learn and some comments:

- Disarming Voice
It should be an attack with low/medium damage and knockback, but with really good range in some way, right? It's supposed to "never miss".

- Dazzling Gleam
I forgot atm how this move works - the animation - and I'm too lazy to look up now, so no ideas <_<

- Misty Terrain
We can disconsider this one because it's a support move that only prevents status effects for everyone. Unless there's another completely different way to use it, of course.

- Charm
Basically a physical attack debuff.

- Sweet Kiss
It confuses the foe, and I actually had an idea for this one.
It could work by using the actual attack's animation as a projectile or something. And the effect is switching the opponent's controls in some way temporarily: normal attack button = special and vice versa, every directional input reversed (up and down too) or randomized, or even both effects.
Of course, it could be blocked/dodged, but it's another way to disable/mess up the opponent a bit (more indirect than Sing) if used right.

(I hope I didn't forget anything...)

Well, I agree Jigglypuff should have a Fairy-type move and it should replace Rollout.
But for the "sound-based" argument: She already has Sing for that. And 2 sound-based Special Moves? Every Special should be different in some way :/
But even though I'm saying this, I don't really disagree with Disarming Voice being used.

And BTW, isn't Pound actually Wake-Up Slap on Crusade? Just asking .-.
It's a package of Pound and Wake Up Slap. Disarming Voice and Sing will work in different ways. Sing puts enemies to sleep while Disarming Voive deals damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:32 pm

Again, even though I'm saying this, I don't really disagree with Disarming Voice being used. If it works differently enough, it's a good idea even though it's another sound-based move.

A good way IMO is the b) option Sven said, as a sound wave; starting around Jigglypuff like Sing, but then actually spreading a lot (again, its special secondary effect is "never missing") while doing low/medium damage and knockback (since it has 40 Power in the game).

I'm just giving references to the other Fairy-type moves, since I didn't see nobody else doing that Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sven the Turtle
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:08 pm

Ness_64 wrote:
Again, even though I'm saying this, I don't really disagree with Disarming Voice being used. If it works differently enough, it's a good idea even though it's another sound-based move.

A good way IMO is the b) option Sven said, as a sound wave; starting around Jigglypuff like Sing, but then actually spreading a lot (again, its special secondary effect is "never missing") while doing low/medium damage and knockback (since it has 40 Power in the game).

I'm just giving references to the other Fairy-type moves, since I didn't see nobody else doing that Razz

When I wrote that, I was actually referring to Dazzling Gleam. I feel like that would be more of a light-based attack, and light spread out in all directions from a source...?

PS I have no idea what I'm talking about Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ensane

Chun-Li

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:52 am

I'd go with disarming voice just because of sound.

Wouldn't hurt if it made them unable to use projectiles or items for a set amount of time. Helps her game out too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZaiWolfgang
Level 1 CPU

Phoenix Wright
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:32 am

Why not just keep all of the current specials and maybe change the throws or smashes to incorporate these moves. its just a possibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronedSandwich
Level 1 CPU

Chun-Li
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:31 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
I like C_Mill's idea.
me too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU

Ganondorf

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:31 am

Question? Why not simply replace some throws and smashes with Fairy-type moves, without needing to replace any specials? D-Smash and U-Smash could certainly use some touch-ups, and I think that the extended range that Disarming Voice would afford D-Smash would be quite useful.
Essentially, if we have Disarming Voice over D-Smash, the animation would be the same while the range would increase due to the added sound waves. From there it could be anything; a reliable kill move, a defensively large hitbox that cancels out projectiles, a move that forces opponents away without necessarily being a kill move... It just seems to make more sense than replacing an entire special. Especially since I for one enjoy using Rollout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:53 am

Shiruze got a point there, actually
I too use Rollout, Pound and Rest very often, and Pound, Sing and Rest are way to iconic to be replaced anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athorment
Level 4 CPU

Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:31 pm

I dont think any of Jigglypuff's moves should be replaced.
If anything, you could probably squeeze a few new ones in the grabs: i.e. Sweet kiss for new Forward throw.

The Final Smash is free to be anything else though and Disarming voice could be an interesting alternative. It could work kinda like Peach where Jigglypuff sings and causes the "Broken shield" animation to take place. Another idea is to have it like DK's final smash in Brawl/Sm4sh except it covers a better area and lasts a shorter amount of time. A couple of small hits as waves spread quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU

Ness
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:44 pm

1. The lights begin dimming.

2. Jigglypuff pulls out her microphone and begins singing.

3. Everyone on the field falls to sleep for a whole minute.

4. Jigglypuff scribbles on everyone's faces with a black marker.

5. You think of a way to punish and disrespect everyone fighting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq

Petey Piranha

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:57 pm

Sean_McMuffin wrote:

Whole minute? Ridiculous, why not 10/15 seconds. Gives good time to rest everybody if you rush.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slissith

Bowser
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:36 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
Sean_McMuffin wrote:

Whole minute? Ridiculous, why not 10/15 seconds. Gives good time to rest everybody if you rush.

Maybe it could go like this:

2. Jiggs pulls out her microphone and starts singing.

3. The screen fades in to black.

4. The screen fades out from black.

5. Everyone is sleeping, sribled with a mark marker. Jiggs can be seen putting the marker away.

6. Like Shaq said, you have 10/15 before everyone wakes up.

Thanks to you, I had to add two new rules.

VultureDuck wrote:
Crusade is a man's game

Jaklub wrote:
Post count ain't gonna raise itself.

Jaklub wrote:
this count down won't be uploaded to youtube, better enjoy it now.

Lego_Shaq wrote:
please dont think im actually racist

SmashBros._L0ver wrote:
fuck you slissith go to hell Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU

Ness
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 am

Oh sorry I meant a minute including the who animation beforehand. But yeah I think 15 seconds sounds fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes   Today at 6:52 pm

Back to top Go down

Times have changed for Jigglypuff, and its moveset should reflect the changes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1