Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:30 am

Looks a lot more sinister, doesn't she?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:47 am

Guest wrote:
sp wrote:
If Palutena is indeed a newcomer, it'd add a bit more credibility to the bigger leak I saw running around.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97190399&postcount=7815

inb4 assist trophy to crush hopes and dreams
Nothing here would really annoy me here, some good choices, except the lack of Paper Mario.
Did some digging, the supposed story around this is kind of unbelievable.

Apparently, this came from a "Translator", who had a meeting with Sakurai, who just told him all in a single meeting.

I don't know about you, but I think Sakurai would be a lot more careful about who he gives info too, especially this much of it. I mean it's understandable that a translator would need to know some stuff here, but why would a translator need to know the difference between Lucario and Mewtwo's moveset, or the fact that Toad and Waluigi were once considered but were dropped?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 10:35 am

Didnt know there was a story behind it

and frankly I dont care that there is lol
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 10:50 am

Ironic how we got a Kid Icarus reference with the reveal of Viridi as a stage hazard less than 24 hours from the leak. Tonight's Pic of the Day will probably bring up some speculations, imo.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Okay, I was a little bit off with the origin of the story, the reality is even more ridiculous.

Moron wrote:
Oh look! I'm not a new account! Yeah, I've been here a while. If you can grasp that fact, I come baring news. I recently got into some money and for that, I chose to travel to Japan. I hired a translator and visited Mr. Sakurai as Smash Bros. is one of my favorite series of all time. I told him if he could give me any news on the series and he reluctantly agreed.

He told me to expect quite a few newcomers and some surprises. Go ahead and take it with a grain of salt but when I get everything right, I will be the one laughing all the way to...uh...my...house.

This is the original quote from the leak, copy and pasted. Move on guys, nothing to see here.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:03 pm

Supposedly the "backstory" was thrown in to hide identity and be ridiculous to the point that Nintendo doesn't get suspicious.

...I don't buy it.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 2:08 am

Guest wrote:
To be fair though, it's entirely possibly that they take a leaf out of Injustice: Gods Among Us.

On the Fortress of Solitude stage, Doomsday is in the background, even though he is playable. How this works is when you decide to play as Doomsday on the stage the Doomsday in the background changes costume so there aren't two of the same character on the field.

They could easily do the same here, it's Ridley most of the time, but when you decide to play as Ridley on Pyrosphere the hazard Ridley could become Meta Ridley or something.
Reposting this, todays image makes this Pyrosphere theory a lot more likely.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 2:36 am

Ganon change your name back pls
I literally thought I wrote that out for half a second and I couldn't remember when I did it.

But yeah, looks my personalinmyhead theory turned out to be true with Alfonso showing up while Toon Link battles. Wonder other fighters could be background characters when they're not being used, maybe Luigi could be wandering the halls of the Luigi's Mansion themed stage?
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 3:46 am

couldnt this mean that assist trophies could still be playable characters, but when used they just wouldnt appear as assists?
thats probably a stretch tho
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 4:55 am

GigaPichu wrote:
couldnt this mean that assist trophies could still be playable characters, but when used they just wouldnt appear as assists?
thats probably a stretch tho
It's possible, but I highly, highly doubt it.

The only thing I could see being a secondary character and playable, would be stage characters (Given Toon Link) and PokéBall Pokémon, seeing as there are numerous Pokémon of each type, even some legends in the anime, like Lugia and Mewtwo.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:49 am

Today's image only says that Rosalina's D.Special sucks up items, so surely that means it has absolutely no use in competitive play.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:08 am

Actually, it still does if you count her reflecting Mario's fludd in her revel trailer
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:32 am

Ah okay, that makes sense then.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:35 am

It seems pretty interesting actually, I wonder if it'll do the same to other projectiles like Mario's Fludd. Also where is her spin attack from 3D World? Razz
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:02 am

Guest wrote:
Today's image only says that Rosalina's D.Special sucks up items, so surely that means it has absolutely no use in competitive play.
Peach's turnips.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:52 am

Guest wrote:

Maybe certain characters with item-like projectiles (ex: Peach's turnips) will be affected.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Ganon wrote:
Projectiles seems to go around her (judging from what happened with F.L.U.D.D. in the trailer).
So with that in mind...:
So it's far from useless competitively.

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
It seems pretty interesting actually, I wonder if it'll do the same to other projectiles like Mario's Fludd. Also where is her spin attack from 3D World? Razz
Since Sakurai referred to the move as being the one that you did when you shook the controller in the Galaxy games, this is based off of that move. Which makes sense actually, since when you did a spin near an item it was drawn towards you.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 12:44 pm

So instead of reflecting back, its reflects away if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 2:04 pm

Smash King wrote:
So instead of reflecting back, its reflects away if that makes sense.
And neutralizes them.
Marth was shown throwing a Poké Ball at Rosalina, but the move stopped it from opening.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 10:57 pm

"Pic of the day. The Beetle item from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a comical item that grabs characters and carries them into the air."

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 AHNuUMz
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 1:11 am

Hah, looks awesome. I wonder how far it'll carry them, though it may rely on the other players ability to "Struggle".
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 1:41 am

This is the first LoZ themed item to actually function as a weapon. Neat stuff.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:16 am

Of course, while it looks awesome, it says it's a *comical item* so it might just carry them arround so other people can hurt the one being carried.

But that's still awesome, Zelda hasn't got an item, i think just the Deku Nut.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:48 am

Johnny64 wrote:
Of course, while it looks awesome, it says it's a *comical item* so it might just carry them arround so other people can hurt the one being carried.

They've had the heart containers and bunny hoods in past games.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 2:36 pm

I am updating the OP by doing the following.

- placing everything in spoilers so that things are more organized and doesn't stretch down too far.
- adding details to every confirmed content. For example, confirmed details about stages & characters.
- Soon, I will add the reference songs for the music section. Anyone who wants to help simply has to post the youtube video of that song.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 3:28 pm

That Pokemon legend is called Xerneas rather than Xereas BTW, you may want to change that in OP.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:09 am

Does anybody know if anybody has compared this picture to the leak from earlier?

I had a quick look and it does looks close, but there's no ring on a string in the 3DS images. But who knows, that may be something only for a statue, or only for the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:13 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
Johnny64 wrote:

They've had the heart containers and bunny hoods in past games.
Yeah, i remember those, but i meant weapon/throwing items, in which section, it's just the Deku Nut
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:45 pm

Is this anything new to Smash in general or just an explanation of the priorities of both B attacks?

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 NK0eiMn
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:15 pm

he's implying that link's arrow travels faster than pit's (or have less startup lag), which it does in brawl already iirc

nothing new
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next