HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 ELIMINATION Mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeyn1gm
Level 3 CPU


  78

PostSubject: ELIMINATION Mode   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:58 am

The idea for this mode that I thought of was inspired or influence by how "Multi-Man Melee/Brawl" works which i guess sort of includes those matches in the Classic/Arcade Mode where you're facing a large number of weak characters spawning after they are KO'd........AND.......the WWE's ROYAL RUMBLE Lol

HOW IT WORKS

1. To explain the mode..........You can have as much Participants as you want (At the very least, the max number should be the amount of the final roster for this game as it progresses) and you set them up much like how you did in the "Tournament Mode" from Melee and Brawl.


2. Next you set up How Many characters you want on the screen at once from 2-6 which means that you can have it packed with the game's max of 6 characters.....OR.....you can have some sort of "Mano-A-Mano" Knockout/Survival Tournament if you truely desire lol.


3. After that you can set the option of whether you want a Heart Item to float down or spawn on the stage after a number of eliminations to heal up (For the Obvious reason that It will probably be nearly impossible to become Victorious if you are the #1 participant) so you can set it up after every 1, 2 or 3 eliminations...........OR........you can go hardcore without any of that stuff and try to be a badazz if you are the 1st person LMAO.


4. Now you will choose if you want the Max number of characters to be out immediately or if you want a countdown timer like the Royal Rumble with the game's announcer counting it down to keep you hype before the next player spawns which you can also set up the amount of time for (This would only apply if you set up at least 3 characters on the screen at once to fight)........Everytime a character spawns you will hear the audience go "HAAAAAHHHHHH" like they do after chanting in excitement or whatever xD


5. Then you must choose the order of Participants who will spawn..........you can choose where each character wants to be or you can make it more exciting like the Royal Rumble and set it to Random so that nobody knows lol. You can also choose to display the order of characters that are going to appear like Multi-Man Melee or Classic Mode.......OR......keep it hidden and surprising with only the "Total Amount of Participants left" counter still on display at the top..


6. Now in the last option you will of course setup How many of the participants will be HUMAN or CPU players (Once again, Much like how you do in Melee and Brawl's Tournament Mode)........AND YES! that means that You can have as many friends and family you want to play with you offline or online (If the mode becomes possible to play online) by the form of Simulataneous and Hot Seat Multiplayer Action



Pretty much with the gameplay........All players are trying to eliminate each other and be the last    
smasher standing.......In theory this is simply just a slightly complex Multi-Man Melee but with multiplayer involvement and the lack of "Easy to KO mannequins or Ruthless ones"



I completely understand if this mode is too much (I'd actually be surprised if it can be pulled off...) I just wanted to share my imagination and creativity of what more possibilities we can bring to a smash game which also (like my other suggestion) a mode that I think would be fun and one of my suggestions for an official smash game........This is also something I've never seen in a Fighting game.......the closest thing would be something like SSF4's Endless mode but still not close
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyn1gm
Level 3 CPU


  78

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:50 am

I'm surprised I never got a positibve or even a negative feedback for this..............This is one of my well thought modes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosalinito
Level 3 CPU
avatar

  89

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:11 pm

Okay, let me say that this mode is just a clusterfudge of different modes and on that note I'm gonna say no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
avatar

  Random
  2072
  C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:22 pm

We already have an elimination mode. You play with stocks instead of just a time limit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyn1gm
Level 3 CPU


  78

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:39 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
We already have an elimination mode. You play with stocks instead of just a time limit.
This is 2nd time you misunderstood how the mode works....lol


I've just realized that most people on forums right now don't like anything till it's actually in there without announcement. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much pessimistic perspectives

@Leetoh

it's not.....It's just 1 mode unless you misunderstood
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
avatar

  Random
  2072
  C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:52 pm

mikeyn1gm wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
We already have an elimination mode. You play with stocks instead of just a time limit.
This is 2nd time you misunderstood how the mode works....


I've just realized that most people on forums right now don't like anything till it's actually in there without announcement. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much pessimistic perspectives
Your idea is a jumbled mishmash of other modes that include tournament mode, multi man battles, and All Star mode. This idea is extremely complicated, redundant and, like I said earlier, there is already stock matches which is already elimination mode in the simplest of terms.


Also, there are such things as commas you know. The're a better option than ellipses.

In conclusion, I say no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyn1gm
Level 3 CPU


  78

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:12 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
mikeyn1gm wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
We already have an elimination mode. You play with stocks instead of just a time limit.
This is 2nd time you misunderstood how the mode works....


I've just realized that most people on forums right now don't like anything till it's actually in there without announcement. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much pessimistic perspectives
Your idea is a jumbled mishmash of other modes that include tournament mode, multi man battles, and All Star mode. This idea is extremely complicated, redundant and, like I said earlier, there is already stock matches which is already elimination mode in the simplest of terms.


Also, there are such things as commas you know. The're a better option than ellipses.

In conclusion, I say no.
You make it complicated for yourself (I was genorous enough to be explicit where I didn't have to give you such clues to corrupt your perspective)......This is the only forum out of many with users that have a problem with my "ellipses" YET there is nothing concerning it in the guidelines.

Does anybody want to change my accent as well? Or maybe how I walk? since we're on the "manipulation of expression" topic rather than the thread lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smash King
Smash King
avatar

  8683
  EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:18 pm


This is the one specific mode I always wanted to see in Smash. Definitely like to see it happen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyn1gm
Level 3 CPU


  78

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:36 pm

Smash King wrote:

This is the one specific mode I always wanted to see in Smash. Definitely like to see it happen
No need for the sarcasm dude...I'll be ready for the ban on me when you throw it. I don't really feel like I'm contributing anything productive here for this game and its all cool.


I still leave high respects for where you guys (The staff) have taken this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smash King
Smash King
avatar

  8683
  EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:40 pm

mikeyn1gm wrote:
Smash King wrote:

This is the one specific mode I always wanted to see in Smash. Definitely like to see it happen
No need for the sarcasm dude...I'll be ready for the ban on me when you throw it. I don't really feel like I'm contributing anything productive here for this game and its all cool.


I still leave high respects for where you guys (The staff) have taken this game.
Honestly, I wasn't being sarcastic. As a WWF/WWE fan, I always pictured seeing a Smash Bros Royal Rumble type of theme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dry



  4607

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:28 am

Sorry mike, didn't see this until just now.

It's a good idea, seems to me pretty much like a super-customisable version of the Multi-Man mode. I'd suggest toning down on how customisable the mode is, we don't want it too complicated. I'd avoid for example being able to choose which characters you want spawning, especially since the roster is getting large. On the other hand, I'd possibly add the option to not be able to attack human players, making it like a multi-player multi-man mode where you're basically just trying to survive while fighting each other for items.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyn1gm
Level 3 CPU


  78

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:52 am

Dry wrote:
I'd possibly add the option to not be able to attack human players, making it like a multi-player multi-man mode where you're basically just trying to survive while fighting each other for items.
Oh well you can of course use "Random" to make the process quicker instead of picking the spawns so thats understandible.

If you take off that option that would break the whole purpose of this mode......but at the same time, I think you just cultivated another neat mode idea from my mode.

And thank you so much for reading and understanding the suggestion.........I don't mind that anybody disagrees, I just ask that at least you be reasonable and relevant about it......So I really appreciate your response
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosalinito
Level 3 CPU
avatar

  89

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:18 pm

mikeyn1gm wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
We already have an elimination mode. You play with stocks instead of just a time limit.
This is 2nd time you misunderstood how the mode works....lol


I've just realized that most people on forums right now don't like anything till it's actually in there without announcement. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much pessimistic perspectives

@Leetoh

it's not.....It's just 1 mode unless you misunderstood
No, you misunderstood.

It is a bunch of modes combined just like C_Mill said which makes it multiple modes in one. It would make other modes kind of stupid, but that's just me. It's also needlessly complicated as stated by multiple. It's in need of a little, if not, a lot of tweaking.


mikeyn1gm wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
mikeyn1gm wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
We already have an elimination mode. You play with stocks instead of just a time limit.
This is 2nd time you misunderstood how the mode works....


I've just realized that most people on forums right now don't like anything till it's actually in there without announcement. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much pessimistic perspectives
Your idea is a jumbled mishmash of other modes that include tournament mode, multi man battles, and All Star mode. This idea is extremely complicated, redundant and, like I said earlier, there is already stock matches which is already elimination mode in the simplest of terms.


Also, there are such things as commas you know. The're a better option than ellipses.

In conclusion, I say no.
You make it complicated for yourself (I was genorous enough to be explicit where I didn't have to give you such clues to corrupt your perspective)......This is the only forum out of many with users that have a problem with my "ellipses" YET there is nothing concerning it in the guidelines.

Does anybody want to change my accent as well? Or maybe how I walk? since we're on the "manipulation of expression" topic rather than the thread lol.
He was just saying that it's annoying and/or hard to interpret at times. And if a majority of the people don't like it then why not change it?

Also we didn't make it complicated for ourselves, the way it was worded made it seem complicated at first. I had to read it a few times to fully understand it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyn1gm
Level 3 CPU


  78

PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:23 pm

NO.....YOU misunderstood again. The ONLY mode involved here out of Smash Bros. inspiration is Multi Man melee/brawl besides anything from outside. There is no Stock match, You already lose (along with the opponents) once you get KO'd hence the "elimination" (What? are you gonna say that Multi-Man has 1-stock mode matches in it now?) and There's definitely NO Allstar Mode. I don't where the hell you guys got the idea that Allstar was incorporated here lol.

In Allstar Mode, You face off a group of opponents and then move on to the next group in another match, much like Classic Mode or any typical Arcade mode

Elimination Mode is ONE MATCH!! not a bunch of matches, JUST ONE. Furthermore you're not getting jumped by a team of characters at once, It is EVERYBODY FOR THEMSELVES (No Teams) and once again the Royal Rumble influence plays here. There is nothing that pertains to "All-Star Mode" in any way because I would have stated such a relationship and don't say it's because of the Heart Container because we might as well say that a Regular Match has "Allstar-Mode" into it as well

Lastly (Because someone did mention Tournament mode and I didn't forget) No, theres no Tournament Mode in this mode........I only used tournament mode as an example to describe some of the setups before the match but that is all. Don't say that the characters coming out after elimination shows off the "Tournament Mode" regulations because now you will be mocking Multi-Man considering the fact that Multi-man already does this.

Tournament Mode still would remain fun for anybody who wants to play it aside from Elimination Mode. If you're gonna tell me that "Tournament Mode" would be "Stupid" because of Elimination Mode as you say then why would the WWE still have "King of the Ring" as an event along with the "Royal Rumble". Is the King of the Ring stupid because they still have Royal Rumbles?

(An explanation for people who never watched WWE: A "King of the Ring" is pretty much WWE's Tournament event)

Like I said the only thing with a strong remote involvement/inspiration with this mode is "Multi-Man" Mode, NOTHING ELSE. Are there anymore misleading accusations that anybody wants to make so that I can clear it up? because I'm pretty sure I was clear when I said that Multi-Man was the only thing.


Although if this was a misunderstanding then I apologize as it was hard to explain this explicity, It would be easier to just make a video. Otherwise I don't take "redundant" lightly because I just don't do redundant.

And this is not complicated once again, Smash King understood how it works.






As for the "And if a majority of the people don't like it then why not change it?", Did you read the part where I say "till it's actually in there??"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: ELIMINATION Mode   

Back to top Go down
 
ELIMINATION Mode
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Ninja's Beast mode strategy
» Unlimited Money in Beast Mode
» Full Mode or not?
» Zodic mode
» Window Mode Cursor?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Suggestion Board-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum