HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)   Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:49 am

Yes this is a real thing. Announced today.
http://kotaku.com/introducing-the-nintendo-2ds-no-thats-not-a-typo-1214807721
Kotaku wrote:
Nintendo will be launching a new portable gaming system in October. It's called the Nintendo 2DS. It's a 3DS without the 3D, and it's shaped like a thin piece of cake.

"This is an entry-level handheld gaming system," Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told Kotaku earlier this week when we got our hands on the unusual device.

The system is compatible with all 3DS and DS games. Its two screens are the same size as those of the original 3DS, smaller than those on the Nintendo 3DS XL. The 2DS' upper screen will not render graphics in 3D, though the system's two outward-facing cameras will still take photos and video in 3D, saving those files on a memory card so that they can be transferred to hardware that does display stereoscopic 3D imagery.1P

The system launches on October 12 in North America, the same day as the release of the first major next-gen handheld Pokemon games, Pokemon X and Y. Those games will only work on post-DS systems, a line that now includes 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS.

The 2DS will sell for $129.99 and will be available in red or blue. That price makes it $40 cheaper than the Nintendo 3DS and $70 cheaper than the Nintendo 3DS XL (and recently price-dropped PlayStation Vita).

"We expect consumers to use it just the way they use a current 3DS," Fils-Aime said. "And, really, from a target standpoint, this is designed for that entry-level gamer. For a family of four with two kids, when you're looking at spending either $169.99 or $199.99 for two this holiday, now you've got a more affordable choice with Nintendo 2DS."

The system will also launch in Europe but is not announced for release in Japan.

Last edited by M. Bison on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)   Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:53 am

gera wafkj waj gfwa we
'a gs
e
ge
e
rs tgwa gwer gwea gfd
d
f
sdz
sd fwea f
wa f
sd
fs

gf
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)   Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:09 pm

You said it C_Mill!

Although in all honesty, its not the worst idea Nintendo has had, but it is pretty bad one. I don't see why they would even bother. It looks awkward to use, it's a bad design choice (I think), and it is just a pretty bad idea. But we will have to wait and see how well this does.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)   Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Seriosly, if i wouldn´t want 3D, i´ll just turn it off, not buy a 2DS
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)   Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:15 pm

It looks awkward to hold.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)   Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:25 pm

I'm going to jump in here, because I've seen this happen too much today.

The 2DS is NOT for hardcore gamers, it is for small children under the age of eight who struggle to stop a console as flimsy as the 3DS from breaking.

I have cousins in that age groups who have DS's, and they get through them so fast because they bend the screen too far back, they fight over them, or they just sit on them. It's always the hinges that break on them and because they are so frequent the parents are very reluctant to buy anything other than a pre-owned DS Lite. Don't get me wrong, one of them is a hardcore gamer in the making, but he still struggles to keep them in tact. This way Nintendo eliminates the breaking problem, allowing parents to once again buy consoles for their kids rather that going for pre-owned older gens.

I love the idea, I just hate that gamers see this as something to critisise like Nintendo built it for them in mind, when they clearly did not.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)   Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Oddest news I've read in a while.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)   Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:35 pm

If it's for little kids, the size may be an issue. For example, it would be difficult for a small child to use those shoulder buttons when the D-pad is so far down.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)   Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Furry Heihachi wrote:

The 2DS is NOT for hardcore gamers, it is for small children under the age of eight who struggle to stop a console as flimsy as the 3DS from breaking.

I have cousins in that age groups who have DS's, and they get through them so fast because they bend the screen too far back, they fight over them, or they just sit on them. It's always the hinges that break on them and because they are so frequent the parents are very reluctant to buy anything other than a pre-owned DS Lite. Don't get me wrong, one of them is a hardcore gamer in the making, but he still struggles to keep them in tact. This way Nintendo eliminates the breaking problem, allowing parents to once again buy consoles for their kids rather that going for pre-owned older gens.

I love the idea, I just hate that gamers see this as something to critisise like Nintendo built it for them in mind, when they clearly did not.
This
Just this so much.

It's a really cool and smart idea. I have several friends who wanted to get a 3DS but didn't due price / didn't care for 3D.

I also have several younger cousins that want a 3DS, but have been known to have caused the destruction of previous DS-es. It's a good business move.

The funny part is that a Japanese company made a system for every country but Japan.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)   Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:06 pm

AEM wrote:
Furry Heihachi wrote:

This
Just this so much.

It's a really cool and smart idea. I have several friends who wanted to get a 3DS but didn't due price / didn't care for 3D.

I also have several younger cousins that want a 3DS, but have been known to have caused the destruction of previous DS-es. It's a good business move.

The funny part is that a Japanese company made a system for every country but Japan.
basically everyone in japan has some version of the DS or 3DS so they're all used to it
nobody in japan would buy a 2DS except for money-related reasons, in which case nintendo would probably rather make the extra 40 bucks off the 3DS
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)   Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:42 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
AEM wrote:
Furry Heihachi wrote:

This
Just this so much.

basically everyone in japan has some version of the DS or 3DS so they're all used to it
nobody in japan would buy a 2DS except for money-related reasons, in which case nintendo would probably rather make the extra 40 bucks off the 3DS
Oh, I know that.
I still just find it kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)   Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke) Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo 2DS Announced (Not a joke)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1