Gameplay Suggestion Topic BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gameplay Suggestion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dry

Gameplay Suggestion Topic Empty
PostSubject: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:18 am

Doing this now that 0.9 test demo is out. Use this topic to put forward and discuss changes you'd suggest in terms of gameplay, such as game physics, general character abilities such as shielding, etc.
Back to top Go down
rjones1325
Level 5 CPU
rjones1325

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:48 am

Idk about the others BUT I LOVE THIS!
My only problem is that Snivy feels a bit slow compared to the others (sprite wise)
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:54 am

Idk if this refers to gameplay but I'd like to see small stat windows summonable from the CSS that shows stats of the character like tier, # of jumps, power, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:02 am

Tier tends to be a somewhat subjective thing in the end, and doesn't even mean much in the overall big picture. Things like number of jumps, and ratings for power, range, speed, etc. sound like a nice idea, though. It could possibly be put with fighter profiles, when we've got those back.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:42 pm

Make characters not do a slide while performing a jab combo and add walking into the 0.9 demo.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:59 am

My only complain is that Petey seems too slow.

However, that aside, this is the best engine yet! All characters seem balanced, yet are quite powerful and usable in their own right! Battles are more fluid and lively now.

This is a step in the right direction. Actually, make it a leap.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:08 am

Buff Mewtwo a bit. He's too weak to be floaty, and has no range or combo potential to make up for it. I'd suggest increasing the range on his grab, S-Spec, and D-Spec, or making him a harder character to K.O. His sprite also tends to have transparency issues on the results screen.

Also, Wright can use his Final Smash in the test demo. Against a human player, use Objection until your Evidence is perfect (indicated by his glow, obviously.) Then, after taunting, use Objection again. This time, Phoenix's Final Smash will trigger. If it hits, however, the cinematic animation will be in negative colors. After this, Phoenix can use his Final Smash continuously as long as you taunt beforehand. This effectively makes him the most powerful character in the game, which is ironic, considering his pacifistic nature.
NOTE: You may have to taunt a few times in a row for it to work.

Kirby Ability Recommendations: Make Kirby's Luigi copy ability Spark, Kirby's Parasol Ability looks... odd when using it to float, Kirby's Petey ability should be Parasol, Kirby's Ashley ability should be Beam, Change Kirby's Snivy ability anything but a fire-based attack, Kirby's Spark ability seems to burn opponents instead of shock them, Kirby's Gooey ability should be Spark, Kirby's Ice Climbers ability should be Fighter (it's more fitting than Laser), make Kirby's Pichu ability Spark, and Kirby's Weege ability should be laser.

Other Recommendations: Make Goku's N-Air a double-kick, Crusade somehow freezes occasionally on the Stage Select, please edit Krystal's portrait artwork to resemble her sprite, and sometimes stages are black completely black after loading and occasionally don't even load properly.

On a different note, I love what you've done with Crusade, especially Ganondorf!
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:35 am

Let's see.

- Petey is supposed to be slow, he's a big heavy character like Bowser. He makes up for that with sheer power (down smash, forward smash and back air all being powerful, reliable killers), good combo potential (down throw > forward air > jab > grab repeat is very powerful), good projectiles and good recovery.

- Mewtwo has very high weight, though, so he actually survives better than most characters. He has about the same survivability as Mario vertically, while his recovery is very difficult to edgeguard. His range is actually very good, you might not be using the right moves. Forward smash is quick, powerful and long-ranged on the ground, while in the air you'd normally float and use neutral air or back air. Retreating floating aerials are great for luring an opponent near the edge, where Mewtwo usually has an advantage.

- Phoenix's final smash shouldn't happen, will be fixed.

- Kirby's abilities are being fixed in general. Petey got fighter rather than parasol, Snivy is getting sword, Ice Climbers are getting Beam and Weegee is getting Falcon Punch for the lulz. Gooey's ability is still parasol, he uses it in three attacks (as opposed to spark, which is only for one attack).

- Krystal is being revamped by Det, so her sprites are being changed to resemble her artwork, rather than vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:11 am

Wait
Shouldn't Ice Climbers give Kirby Ice? It seems a bit odd having the ICE climbers give BEAM. Although Ice might not be an ability that has been made probably...
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:25 am

Yep, that's why. Whereas beam is sorta similar to the IC's Blizzard. It's the closest we can get lol.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Phoenix's "More Evidence!" taunt is also misaligned. He appears to split into two halves on opposite ends and... well, just view it. I'm sure you know the correct requirements already.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Kirby (as well as MK, Jiggs, and all dem gaiz) need their sixth jump back. I'm speaking for myself now but I could speak for all the Kirby/MK/Jiggs players that the sixth jump is a part of their styles.
Especially Jiggs coz wall of pain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Can I suggest something about content that was already in 0.8.4?
Back to top Go down
sluigi123
Level 3 CPU
sluigi123

PAC-MAN
  Sluigi123

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 5:40 pm

I'd agree about stats being shown (agreeing with Kirby on this one) for not just for characters, but for stages as well.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 7:12 pm

In classic mode have a second difficulty setting to make how matches will work in classic mode.

Here is an example:

1versus1 matches only
1versus2 matches only(with no allies)
1versus2 matches only (with 1 ally)
1versus giant *insert character here* matches only
1versus team *insert character here*matches only
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Suggestion Topic   Gameplay Suggestion Topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Gameplay Suggestion Topic