Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash Empty
PostSubject: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 7:47 am

I'm fine with how Mewtwo and Lucario's Final Smash are executed. They work perfectly, and I don't they should change.

I do, however, think that they deserve a sprite edit. Why?

Well, it turns out Pokémon go Super Saiyan in the next game. Mewtwo's new form? That's something called a "Mega Evolution".

I think it goes without saying that something like this would be perfect Final Smash Material, and would be a functional representation of Gen 6 without needing extra sprites.

All that would be necessary is a sprite edit here and there, which could be anything from only editing about 30 frames and an idle (Pikachu and Mewtwo) to adding a tailcoat and changing colors on a few details (Lucario).

I can't imagine it'd be as hard as say, a new character, or even a new stage; it wouldn't require any new coding, and the sprite editing can't be too taxing considering how little actually needs to be edited. But it would go a long way in making Crusade feel much more up-to-date and modern (and I can't stress this enough) while requiring very little actual effort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 8:18 am

Pikachu doesn't have a mega form. Where does he tie into all of this?
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 8:27 am

no way in hell will we ever change Lucarios final smash.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 8:30 am

Giga, he's saying you should keep the final smashes the same but have them power up into Mega form to do it
Back to top Go down
rexos
Level 5 CPU
rexos

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 8:35 am

[quote="GigaPichu"]no way in hell will we ever change Lucarios final smash.[/quote]BUFF IT AT LEAST IT SUCKS PLS GIGA

I CANT HIT ANYTHING AAAAAA
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 8:56 am

That's balancing department, we'll probably get there by 0.9
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 10:46 am

Don't see why anyone would be defending of a generic "multi-hit stikes ending with a powerful hit" FS.
I mean, Aura Storm was equally generic (a giant beam, how original), but still.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 2:09 pm

because I have a real soft spot for massive combo finishers.

Goku, Waluigi, Saki, Evil Ryu 2...
Back to top Go down
ZeroAbomination
Level 1 CPU
ZeroAbomination

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Sounds like a good idea, but what about Pikachu?
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgg7RLyiWpiSIMDgS3r7HLy_ZCvXKkB6y28grsWHfBzwCmDN7m
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:01 am

GigaPichu wrote:

The fact we have that many already shows how generic it is.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:26 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
GigaPichu wrote:

The fact we have that many already shows how generic it is.
The roster is 80+ characters.
It's inevitable that there are going to be multiple characters having similar moves.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Ignore what I previously said about Pikachu.

I thought that the "Raichu-Hamtaro" from the same trailer was his Mega Form (and honestly, can you blame me?).

And again, I'm not suggesting that Lucario's Final Smash needs to change, just to be clear; just that his sprites should be edited to resemble his ultimate badass legendary super saiyan Mega Forme.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:09 pm

I feel that it is too soon to accept the Mega forms since there is still more about it that we should look into. Its just too sudden.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:39 pm

It's only a cosmetic change; not too much info is required to do so, only their designs.

Regardless, X and Y will be releasing in October this year world wide, which I believe I have reason to assume will be long before the full release of Crusade, so you should have enough information by then anyway to reach a conclusive idea on what to do.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:43 pm

I do agree that the time is reasonable.

Though the question that concerns me the most is if such a change should really be necessary to include on what would be another heavy load of work.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Smash King wrote:

Though the question that concerns me the most is if such a change should really be necessary to include on what would be another heavy load of work.
Well with Lucario being grounded he would take a few animations, but with Mewtwo this is all we really need.

- Transform
- Revert
- Idle/Float
- Standard Up
- Standard Down
- Standard Side
- Standard Neutral
- Special

Lucario would take a few more, like Run and Jump, but even then his sheet would be pretty small.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:25 pm

Furry Heihachi wrote:
Smash King wrote:

Well with Lucario being grounded he would take a few animations, but with Mewtwo this is all we really need.

- Transform
- Revert
- Idle/Float
- Standard Up
- Standard Down
- Standard Side
- Standard Neutral
- Special

Lucario would take a few more, like Run and Jump, but even then his sheet would be pretty small.
I think you both misunderstand what I'm trying to say.

To cut down on time necessary for programming and sprite work, I proposed that we keep the current Final Smashes for each character and edit the character sprites used to resemble their Mega Formes. I'm not saying that we should change them entirely; I may be... vividly envisioned enough to request Chrom as a whole new character, but I'm not so illogically envisioned as to request that we spend time and resources on something that, when it comes down to it, is only speculation of concept at this stage in time.

(Off topic as a short note: I wasn't really finished with the Chrom campaign, and I'm fine with waiting, but I didn't put a poll up because I was away on vacation... So I'm a bit disappointed at the locking of the topic, but I understand moderator protocols and all that. I'm not complaining about it, just... addressing it.)
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Oh I see, so they will have limited animations and attacks.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Well, I suppose that's a way of putting it. It's more like they have one attack (the Final Smash that they currently already have), but will transform into their Mega Form to execute that attack.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:28 am

What Shiruza's trying to say is that it'll work like Goku's current Kaio-Ken final smash. He doesn't actually go Super Saiyan with a transformation final smash, he just goes Super Saiyan and then uses a move, and then transforms back. Shiruza's idea is to use the same concept for Lucario and Mewtwo. Lucario's final smash will still be a trapping final smash, and Mewtwo's will still be an AoE attack. They will just go into their mega forms to execute the attack, and then transform straight back.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:14 pm

YES. EXACTLY!
Thank you, Dry. That was precisely what I was trying to say.
Back to top Go down
Telara
Level 2 CPU
Telara

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:25 pm

I could go for this.
Back to top Go down
http://chao.hippotank.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:30 pm

But Crusade is run by old washed up wrinklebags who only know the "True Days of Pokémon" and "Mega Evolution? When I was a boy we worked for our gym badges" and all that.

Seriously though good ideas, devs take note.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 12:08 am

Vanellope von Schweetz wrote:
But Crusade is run by old washed up wrinklebags who only know the "True Days of Pokémon" and "Mega Evolution? When I was a boy we worked for our gym badges" and all that.
Saying crap like this isn't doing anything to improve your already tainted reputation on this place.

It should also be noted that the devs have far more important priorities (including with characters), and this kind of stuff, while not a bad idea at all, is like one of, if not the, least important things to focus on.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:16 am

it was just a joke.... my god.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:00 am

Wasn't a funny one.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:08 am

No one's forcing you to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:10 am

No one forced you to make it, either.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:12 am

Please stay on topic guys. Only warning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash   Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash Empty

Back to top Go down

Pikachu, Mewtwo & Lucario's Final Smash
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next