Project M discussion thread - Page 3 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Project M discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Project M discussion thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:08 pm

DettaDocket Fee wrote:
Perfect Hell wrote:
Pichu will have to be in for sure, i haven't heard anything about it yet though.  Some other characters i have heard about, not all great choices lol.  Apparently they have a problem with their limited work team making whoever the heck they want and pushing their bias characters into the game (sounds familiar somehow...)
coughcough more fire emblem more sonic and an assist trophy + pichu coughcough

this is only what i heard though
tharja's ass for P:M
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:14 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Mercury, a lot of that they already said when they revealed Roy. :laugh:
My point was that I know specifically who two of those characters are, and most of you (not counting PH4 and maybe Det) don't. Everything else I said was public knowledge, yes.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:53 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:

Also about the secret roster, I will say that the characters being included are supposed to be characters that already appeared in smash games in some shape or form, mostly trophies, assist trophies or stickers. I can't say for certain that they will stick to this
Yes you can. The reason they are forced to stick to these restrictions is copyright laws, not because they feel like placing arbitrary restrictions on themselves.
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:59 pm

What about the Castlevania Stage I've been seeing in quite a few places, which is said to have some kind of relation to Project M (assuming it's a part of it)?
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:43 am

Jaklub wrote:
What about the Castlevania Stage I've been seeing in quite a few places, which is said to have some kind of relation to Project M (assuming it's a part of it)?
They have Skyloft as a stage as well.
I assume it is more for characters, rather than stages. Wouldn't hurt to ask someone though.

---

So let's do some character predictions!
I really think we'll be seeing Ridley, Lyn, and Isaac. I can only guess the other two to be trophy / sticker exclusive characters. I've seen Lip and Andy being brought up before around Smashboards, and I'd enjoy seeing either of them.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 4:49 am

Do you need to modify your console in any way to use this? I was thinking about installing it after 3.0.

Also, does anybody know if this will function on Wii U?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Do you need to modify your console in any way to use this? I was thinking about installing it after 3.0.
No there is a way to play it that involves stage builder without hacking your Wii, but you can't have any custom stages.
Quote :
No.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:54 am

AEM wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
No there is a way to play it that involves stage builder without hacking your Wii, but you can't have any custom stages.  
Quote :
No.
Is that "No" as in you don't know, or no as in it just won't work.

EDIT: Seems like it works.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:11 pm

You don't need to mod your Wii to play it. You just need an SD Card with less than 2GB. However, YOU CANNOT HAVE ANY CUSTOM BRAWL STAGES ON EITHER YOUR WII OR SD CARD, OR ELSE THE GAME WILL FREEZE WHEN YOU TRY TO START IT UP.

And yes, You can play P:M on your Wii U via the Wii Mode, but you don't insert the SD Card until after you start up the Wii mode, otherwise all the P:M data will be deleted. Plus, no Gamecube controller support.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:20 pm

It's not like it matters. Project M means nothing in the grand scheme of things. When Sakurai releases the next Smash, people will abandon this little project and play a real game.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:42 pm

AEM wrote:
Jaklub wrote:
They have Skyloft as a stage as well.
I assume it is more for characters, rather than stages. Wouldn't hurt to ask someone though.
I don't know why their copyright rule doesn't apply to stages, but for character's they've confirmed publicly that they will only use characters who appeared in some way in Brawl due to copyright/C&D issues. Main website is down unfortunately so i cant pull up the quote.

For those interested, see who the current candidates are and where the votes are and even put your own votes in this thread; http://smashboards.com/threads/clone-engine-character-speculation-and-discussion-thread-new-chars-voting-results-updated-11-13.341479/
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Slissith wrote:
It's not like it matters. Project M means nothing in the grand scheme of things. When Sakurai releases the next Smash, people will abandon this little project and play a real game.
Until they realize Melee will always be the best and go back to that or P:M.

Unless they are daring enough to make a P:M mod of SSB4...
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:58 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Slissith wrote:
Until they realize Melee will always be the best and go back to that or P:M.

Unless they are daring enough to make a P:M mod of SSB4...
http://www.p4rgaming.com/masahiro-sakurai-on-developing-smash-bros-4-killing-myself-would-be-the-cowards-way-out/
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Slissith wrote:
Doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Yeah, Sliss was quoting for those who missed that. Regardless, Melee will still go strong when SSB4 comes out, I doubt it will be a game the competitive guys actually like.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Mr. Terrible wrote:
You don't need to mod your Wii to play it. You just need an SD Card with less than 2GB. However, YOU CANNOT HAVE ANY CUSTOM BRAWL STAGES ON EITHER YOUR WII OR SD CARD, OR ELSE THE GAME WILL FREEZE WHEN YOU TRY TO START IT UP.

And yes, You can play P:M on your Wii U via the Wii Mode, but you don't insert the SD Card until after you start up the Wii mode, otherwise all the P:M data will be deleted. Plus, no Gamecube controller support.
Oh wow that's really cool. I need to get used to my classic controller anyways, so Project M on the Wii U sounds like it'd be fun.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:04 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
Regardless, Melee will still go strong when SSB4 comes out, I doubt it will be a game the competitive guys actually like.
This was my point. Why do you think P:M has started to become a contender with Brawl at tournaments around the country? Because people are getting tired of Brawl and going back to Melee or playing anything that closely resembles Melee. That or they are at least adding them to the games they play, and both reasons lead to Melee staying strong even 12 years later and P:M's exponentially growing popularity in just 2.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:06 am

Which is also apparently why the fangames seem to want to lean towards Melee more than anything.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:08 am

Excluding SSF2...
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:30 am

Slissith wrote:
Excluding SSF2...
they grabbed almost all their engine stuff from melee (or so tson claims)
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:34 am

DettaDocket Fee wrote:
Slissith wrote:
Excluding SSF2...
I stand corrected then.

Although I think earlier versions did feel more brawl-like. Did TSON mention anything of the sort?
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 am

I also recall someone from there saying they were trying to make it feel like Melee, so i was right hahah in your face sles
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:50 am

the main reason is that everyone loves melee but a lot of people hated brawl and so aiming for melee-like gameplay is more likely to have a larger following
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:54 am

GigaPichu wrote:
I also recall someone from there saying they were trying to make it feel like Melee, so i was right hahah in your face sles
lol, I wrote what I wrote mainly because SSF2 had a really sloppy gameplay aspect from the get-go. In particular, it felt much more floaty than crusade.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:02 am

DettaDocket Fee wrote:
Slissith wrote:
Excluding SSF2...
And yet it is as sluggish (if not more) as Brawl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:45 pm

3.0 is out! The download's on the OP!

EDIT: Also added the changelog.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 6:06 pm

P:M sucks nuts fangames r where its at move over modders.

The itsy bitsy project m went up the water spout
down came the fangames and washed the modders out
Back to top Go down
Kiddragon
Level 3 CPU
Kiddragon

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:01 pm

It's so great. They even gave Final Smashes to both Mewtwo and Roy.But they forgot the Pokémon...

And Samus missiles become frost missiles with her frost beam on.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 11:36 pm

Roy is so good. More importantly, TURBO MODE. I might just forget the rest of the game exists.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:45 am

I can't keep it working for long. Something always happens. Rolling Eyes

But when I had it working, I nearly died out of ecstasy when trying out Mewtwo and the Dr. Mario costume.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project M discussion thread   Project M discussion thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project M discussion thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next