HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Got a 3DS :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Villainger
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  213

PostSubject: Got a 3DS :)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:57 pm

So, I bought a 3DS today! I do not have any games yet, but I am going to order Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time soon and also pre-order Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

My questions for you guys are:

Are there any free games I can mess around on until I can get some?
Are there any things that I should know/need to do to properly setup my 3DS or just enhance it?

- Might have more later ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
avatar

  Random
  2071
  C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:00 pm

imrevned wrote:
So, I bought a 3DS today! I do not have any games yet, but I am going to order Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time soon and also pre-order Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

My questions for you guys are:

Are there any free games I can mess around on until I can get some?
Are there any things that I should know/need to do to properly setup my 3DS or just enhance it?

- Might have more later ^_^
There aren't any *FREE* games you can download, but you can download demos for other games. I recommend 2 Fast for Gnomz, Mutant Mudds, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. I could go on, but those are to name a few.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Villainger
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  213

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:03 pm

I saw an option to update. Should I always keep the 3DS up-to-date?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
avatar

  Random
  2071
  C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:05 pm

imrevned wrote:
I saw an option to update. Should I always keep the 3DS up-to-date?
Yes. New software and bug fixes come in with these updates. Do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercuryHg34

avatar

  Ridley
  3883

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Finally.

-Start with the Mii plaza, if you pass people frequently it can keep you busy.
-Swapnote
-Pokedex 3D
-Nintendo Video
-Face Raiders was hilarious when I first got my 3DS, but it loses its replay value very quickly

Other than that, here are some cheap games I recommend:
-Metroid
-Zelda
-Zelda II
-Link's Awakening DX
-Oracle of Ages/Seasons
-Megaman: Dr. Wily's Revenge
-Donkey Kong (gameboy)
-10 Second Run
-Liberation Maiden (the most expensive on this list at around $8 )

Retail games you should get:
-Ocarina 3DS
-SM3D Land
-Paper Mario Sticker Star
-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
-Fire Emblem Awakening
-Mario Kart 7

That's all I got for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Villainger
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  213

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:16 pm

How does the StreetPass and all that work? Is it actually like walking by people in real life? xD If so, I live in a kind of small town and barely leave my house, so... that won't work out well for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

avatar

  Ryu
  5261
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:44 pm

I never bother with StreetPass, it's boring and adds almost nothing.

As for games, you really should try Kid Icarus: Uprising.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Villainger
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  213

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Ganon Fodder wrote:
I never bother with StreetPass, it's boring and adds almost nothing.

As for games, you really should try Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Do I just find the demo in the eShop?

I can't seem to find it. Or is it retail only?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU


  472

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:12 pm

uprising is bad
its controls make it practically unplayable
im not sure how it works with the added control stick though so if you have it you might wanna give it a go but w/e
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

avatar

  Ryu
  5261
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:14 am

imrevned wrote:
Ganon Fodder wrote:
I never bother with StreetPass, it's boring and adds almost nothing.

As for games, you really should try Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Do I just find the demo in the eShop?

I can't seem to find it. Or is it retail only?
I don't think there is a demo for it.

And the controls are a little tricky, but by no means are impossible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:20 am

Definitely get FE:A.

Haven't played it, but the Fire Emblem label alone suggests that it's god-tier so you won't be wasting your money.

It's also got cute girls that you can virtually marry and breed with. If you're lonely like me, that kind of stuff seals the deal.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
avatar

  Random
  4175

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:00 am

I'd actually shy away from the new Mystery Dungeon. It was amazing until I realized there's literally no post-story. Every other Mystery Dungeon game on DS had a beautiful story and a ridiculous amount of post-story, and the new one has like 3 difficult dungeons and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Villainger
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  213

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:24 pm

The Illest wrote:
Definitely get FE:A.

Haven't played it, but the Fire Emblem label alone suggests that it's god-tier so you won't be wasting your money.

It's also got cute girls that you can virtually marry and breed with. If you're lonely like me, that kind of stuff seals the deal.

._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.

Anyways.. I played the demo, I enjoyed it quite a bit, though I have never played any of the previous games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM

avatar

  Geno
  1760
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
I'd actually shy away from the new Mystery Dungeon. It was amazing until I realized there's literally no post-story. Every other Mystery Dungeon game on DS had a beautiful story and a ridiculous amount of post-story, and the new one has like 3 difficult dungeons and nothing else.
This.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:03 pm

imrevned wrote:
._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.
She's furiously drinking milk.
Back to top Go down
Villainger
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  213

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:31 pm

The Illest wrote:
imrevned wrote:
._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.
She's furiously drinking milk.

Dolan

Do any of you plan on buying Animal Crossing: New Leaf? If so, it'd be cool to try out that multiplayer with some of you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Waluigi
  829
  Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:27 pm

I recommend Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, it's a great game, but very pricey ._.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU


  472

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:30 pm

The Illest wrote:
imrevned wrote:
._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.
She's furiously drinking milk.
but it was mountain dew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
avatar

  Random
  2071
  C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:37 am

imrevned wrote:
The Illest wrote:
imrevned wrote:
._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.
She's furiously drinking milk.

Dolan

Do any of you plan on buying Animal Crossing: New Leaf? If so, it'd be cool to try out that multiplayer with some of you guys.
I've never really cared for Animal Crossing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:38 am

madam im adam wrote:
The Illest wrote:
imrevned wrote:
._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.
She's furiously drinking milk.
but it was mountain dew
mtn dew is nerdlord garbage and I refuse to associate alice and her pure virginal maiden status with such filth
Back to top Go down
SP



  Crash Bandicoot
  3847
  cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:38 am

imrevned wrote:
The Illest wrote:
imrevned wrote:
._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.
She's furiously drinking milk.

Dolan

Do any of you plan on buying Animal Crossing: New Leaf? If so, it'd be cool to try out that multiplayer with some of you guys.

I'm gonna try and get it when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Villainger
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  213

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:22 am

The Illest wrote:
madam im adam wrote:
The Illest wrote:
imrevned wrote:
._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.
She's furiously drinking milk.
but it was mountain dew
mtn dew is nerdlord garbage and I refuse to associate alice and her pure virginal maiden status with such filth

I am assuming the hand on top of her head is a gesture of gratitude for her drinking all of the milk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:31 pm

imrevned wrote:
The Illest wrote:
madam im adam wrote:
The Illest wrote:
imrevned wrote:
._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.
She's furiously drinking milk.
but it was mountain dew
mtn dew is nerdlord garbage and I refuse to associate alice and her pure virginal maiden status with such filth

I am assuming the hand on top of her head is a gesture of gratitude for her drinking all of the milk.
You guys are getting good at this
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

avatar

  Ridley
  3883

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:55 am

The Illest wrote:
madam im adam wrote:
The Illest wrote:
imrevned wrote:
._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.
She's furiously drinking milk.
but it was mountain dew
mtn dew is nerdlord garbage and I refuse to associate alice and her pure virginal maiden status with such filth
I thought that was Momo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:04 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
The Illest wrote:
madam im adam wrote:
The Illest wrote:
imrevned wrote:
._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.
She's furiously drinking milk.
but it was mountain dew
mtn dew is nerdlord garbage and I refuse to associate alice and her pure virginal maiden status with such filth
I thought that was Momo?
No it's alice margatroid
Spoiler:
 

anyway yeah the 3DS is cool let's talk about the 3DS
Back to top Go down
rexos
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Random
  300

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:10 am

imrevned wrote:
The Illest wrote:
Definitely get FE:A.

Haven't played it, but the Fire Emblem label alone suggests that it's god-tier so you won't be wasting your money.

It's also got cute girls that you can virtually marry and breed with. If you're lonely like me, that kind of stuff seals the deal.

._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.
why dont you use google image search that exists

also yeah awakening GOTYAY 10/10
its great because i get to be the best girl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Villainger
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  213

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Redistribution wrote:
imrevned wrote:
The Illest wrote:
Definitely get FE:A.

Haven't played it, but the Fire Emblem label alone suggests that it's god-tier so you won't be wasting your money.

It's also got cute girls that you can virtually marry and breed with. If you're lonely like me, that kind of stuff seals the deal.

._.

I am really curious as to what the rest of your avatar is.
why dont you use google image search that exists

also yeah awakening GOTYAY 10/10
its great because i get to be the best girl

He must have cropped that avatar from the original image himself, because I did a reverse search and didn't come up with anything, unless what I used to search was not very proficient, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Villainger
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  213

PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Got Legend of Zelda 3D, it is beautiful :')
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Got a 3DS :)   

Back to top Go down
 
Got a 3DS :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: The Arcade-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum