Rekkoha
46%
 46% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:35 pm

By Lloyd's Fair he meant Dair, and by Link's Dair he meant anyone else who has stall-then-fall (perhaps Toon Link in this case)

I agree with most of what Merc just said. What if ground dash is double tap, just like air dash?

Twin Dream as a B move is perfect IMO, make it work exactly like MvC3 and throw a cooldown on it

I do agree with Lulu's version of Z buster though. It's more interesting and it is canon through crossover fighters.

SSBC Head Character Balancer

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Competitive discussion is what I do

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roy
Level 7 CPU

Mega Man
  RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Wait, is that grounded uppercut not the flaming shoryuken? I guess I got confused, I haven't played the MMZ games. I think the Rakuhoua would look nicer, but is too generic for my tastes.

Why can't we have this care in moveset building be done with other characters? Zero is represented better than anyone else currently in the game now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Because Merc and I are among the extremely few who are willing to take the time really researching everything a character can possibly do and leaving nothing (or as little as possible) to be Sakurai'd when the character has plenty of moves to represent.

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Honestly, I feel like most of the characters sense the dev team swap are represented pretty well for the most part.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

Weegee

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:55 pm

Hey uh guys
the characters with bad movesets are the ones put in the game not by us, so don't go knocking the rest of us because we aren't lazy ok ok
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Yeah that's true...Goku and Krystal are thankfully being revamped, MM needs it as well but he has a resprite coming so that should be taken care of, then there's Saki and MR (not sure how much better they could be repped as i never played their games), Bomberman could use a revamp and maybe Toad, another character im not sure of the potential for though.

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Jak has plans for Bomberman, IMO Toad is fine right now though. Saki needs a complete redoing. His current moveset is based only off of what he does as an assist trophy in Brawl.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:46 pm

I'll look into Toad, MR and Saki then, and if any of them seem like they have a lot more potential, I'll draft up movesets. I only expect that to happen for Saki but it's worth a look.

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:06 pm

This is all i found for Toad that isn't repped:
Quote :
However, Mario Sports Mix (for the Wii) further explores Toad's hidden talent by allowing him to use spores to cause mushrooms to sprout from the ground. Toad is capable of using this move as a recovery move. Toad is also able to create a shield of spores as a deflective move. Additionally, Toad's special move in this game involves him emitting many spores to cause gargantuan mushrooms to grow from the ground. These large mushrooms are then able to move in a rotational pattern, and are able to knock out any opponent who attempts to get closer to the mushrooms.

And from what i can tell, Side special was Sakurai'd off the Mushroom item from Mario Kart, which is acceptable. So basically the only Toad change I could see is swapping side special out for something based off the above quote, but honestly i dont think it's necessary unless people around here really want the change.

For Mach Rider, I found a few things:
- He should be able to shoot from his bike (correct me if he can, A or B definitely don't seem to do it)
- Golden's Uspecial idea for breaking apart and re-forming
- Maybe the use of Oil drums could be pretty cool, over Dspecial which is made up
- Gear shifting on the bike

And for Saki, there's really not much to do. He could potentially gain the ability to fly as a Uspecial or through glide/float, though he never actually did that it would be borrowed from the sequel game. He could also get a aiming reticule on Nspecial where B will fire and A will switch firing mode between Manual and Lock-On, with Manual being stronger but harder to use of course. I could also look at the animations for his sword attacks in his game and possibly use those, as well as his Brawl incarnation. Basically, he has little to offer in a moveset but i'll do what i can. Idk what his FS is but it should be transforming into his giant form which happened towards the end of his game.

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
This is all i found for Toad that isn't repped:
Quote :
However, Mario Sports Mix (for the Wii) further explores Toad's hidden talent by allowing him to use spores to cause mushrooms to sprout from the ground. Toad is capable of using this move as a recovery move. Toad is also able to create a shield of spores as a deflective move. Additionally, Toad's special move in this game involves him emitting many spores to cause gargantuan mushrooms to grow from the ground. These large mushrooms are then able to move in a rotational pattern, and are able to knock out any opponent who attempts to get closer to the mushrooms.
Toad uses spores in his neutral special, just not to grow shrooms.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Right, and on the wiki that was noted as a separate thing.

Also I was wrong about Saki's giant form thing, i misunderstood what i read about ruffian form. I'll look into it more and see what's up with his full-ruffian, half'-ruffian and full-human forms, could be something to play on in his moveset. Other than that, all i would recommend is allowing him to float and adding the change to his Nspecial functionality.

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Light
Level 4 CPU

Ness

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:36 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
I agree with most of what Merc just said. What if ground dash is double tap, just like air dash?
Yes, this would also allow for the wind version of Shippuuga, known as Shippuu (Hurricane) where Zero stops short during a dash, and a wind clone dashes forward and performs Shippuuga. So sprinting then pressing A would perform Shippuuga, while double tapping forward to do the dash then pressing A would perform Shippuu.

Twin Dream as a B move is perfect IMO, make it work exactly like MvC3 and throw a cooldown on it
No. As 50% of the work in this moveset, I want (and I'm sure Merc agrees) Zero's moveset to be independent of MvC3 influence. The way Twin Dream works in the MMX series is not how it works in MvC3 and is how it should work in SSBC.

I do agree with Lulu's version of Z buster though. It's more interesting and it is canon through crossover fighters.
Again, it should work the way it does in the games Zero comes from, not the way it works in other fighting games that aren't canon to the events in Zero's life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercuryHg34

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:42 pm

I added a poll to let users decide which Final Smash they prefer on Zero. Meanwhile, our next character is likely going to be Master Chief.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:19 pm

AzureLight12 wrote:
Perfecthell4 wrote:
Yes, this would also allow for the wind version of Shippuuga, known as Shippuu (Hurricane) where Zero stops short during a dash, and a wind clone dashes forward and performs Shippuuga. So sprinting then pressing A would perform Shippuuga, while double tapping forward to do the dash then pressing A would perform Shippuu.

No. As 50% of the work in this moveset, I want (and I'm sure Merc agrees) Zero's moveset to be independent of MvC3 influence. The way Twin Dream works in the MMX series is not how it works in MvC3 and is how it should work in SSBC.

Again, it should work the way it does in the games Zero comes from, not the way it works in other fighting games that aren't canon to the events in Zero's life.

That's like saying Marth should only be able to attack on his "turn" because that's how his games worked. Or like saying ZSS' blaster should be completely useless and not stun because that's how it was in the original game. Or like saying Ryu's cancel system should be revamped entirely, with the cancel order being light-medium-heavy and assigning one of those to each and every piece of his moveset. This is a different game, and his attacks can work however we want them to. MvC gives us a framework that fits a fighting game and would be the preferable option, especially when you look at the two options for Z buster and see that the MvC version fits smash style much better and also gives him some uniqueness from MegaMan, two things we should be trying to accomplish.

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:44 am

I feel that Shadow needs his Specials revamped since they feel generic.

Neutral: Generic Hold and Shoot Projectile
Side: Generic Charge Attack
Up: Generic Teleportation Move
Down: Generic What-ever-you-call-it (Not to mention it doesn't fit Shadow that much)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercuryHg34

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:55 am

>Generic "what-ever-you-call-it"

That's an oxymoron if I ever saw one.

EDIT: Also everyone stop discussing other characters in my thread, go do that in Cmill's thread because that's what it's for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercuryHg34

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Master Chief added, tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU

Ganondorf

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:27 pm

Wait.

Why do we need to decide between one or the other?

Can't we have both of them as optional Final Smashes for Zero, like Ryu and Chun-Li?

Last edited by Shiruza on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercuryHg34

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:58 pm

That could be a thing. Since its been a while and the vote is tied I'll just leave both options open for now and let the spriters and coders decide which to use later.

So now the poll has been changed. Which of the final smash ideas for Master Chief do you guys prefer? Or, if you don't like any of those, what suggestions do you all have?

EDIT: I can't reset the poll for some reason, so I'll take votes for the Master Chief FS by post. I vote for the Warthog Road Trip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MercuryHg34's Movesets   Today at 10:24 am

Back to top Go down

MercuryHg34's Movesets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2