New User Ranking Colors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

New User Ranking Colors Empty
PostSubject: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySat May 25, 2013 9:17 pm

I was browsing through the Admin Panel for the purpose of checking for more ways to utilize the forum. I then came across to the option of modifying the User Rankings.

With many bland things in the forum and the privilege of modifying, I decided to bring some life into the User Rankings. For those of you not familiar with it, the User Rankings (Level 1 - 10 & Classic on INTENSE!) are your post rankings.

I figured that what better way to bring life to such a small detail than to give it a Smash Bros reference.

New User Ranking Colors 250px-Difficulty

As you can see, there are 5 different levels of Difficulties in the Smash series. Each with a different color.

So what I decided to do to compliment the difficulty rankings is this:

Level 1 & 2 (0 - 49 post) = Baby Blue & Easy

Level 3 & 4 (50 - 249 post) = Green & Normal

Level 5 & 6 (250 - 999 post) = Yellow & Hard

Level 7 & 8 (1000 - 1999 post) = Orange & Very Hard

Level 9 & 10 (2000 - 2999 post) = Red & Intense

Classic on INTENSE! (3000 + post) = Silver

NOTE: I am considering making logos for each ranking. Though I dont know how to make them. Therefore, if anyone is interested, they can help out by making them. I was thinking of making each ranking logo based on the logo difficulty you see on the image above.

NOTE: Not sure what logo to give Classic on INTENSE!, unless someone can come up with a good one. But I was also considering possibly giving the user the privilege of picking out their own custom logo for their ranking if they get more than 3000 post. Something that blends with their personality so to speak perhaps.

So yea, if you guys like the progress on it or have any suggestions, please give some feed back and all opinions are open for discussion. Hope you like Smile

Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySat May 25, 2013 10:26 pm

I would just use the difficulty things as the user ranking logo things, and recolor the Intense level one to be silver for Classic on INTENSE, or possibly with a color scheme similar to the forum (dark and neon blues).
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySat May 25, 2013 11:26 pm

I wouldn't mind that at all, though.

We can keep the text colors white and just throw in the logo on the side depending on the ranking.

Or we can just get rid of Level 10 and let Classic on Intense take its place. But then we might have to rearrange the number of post per rankings to give it an even line up
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:03 am

This does seem rather interesting I hope it is added,is it possible though. This idea is very good SK you are so creative with this.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:04 am

Looks like a great idea! but i think it Could be like this
The Smash ball of a difficulty specifically could appear just on the left of the the User´s Rank:

Username9000 (Great Name!)
(Insert Green Smash Ball Here) Level 4 CPU
(Image Here)
Status Message: This is a status message
Life Bar: 100%
Win: 3
Loss: 2

Maybe We Can put The Smash Ball In the sides of the User´s Name
A Little example of how could it be, maybe it could work!

(Smash Ball) Username9000 (Smash Ball)

(Sorry for no images, this was a quick idea)
Back to top Go down
rjones1325
Level 5 CPU
rjones1325

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:08 am

That is a really good idea
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptyMon May 27, 2013 4:58 pm

I like Det's suggestion of having CoI be the signature dark-blue/black smash ball for crusade.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptyMon May 27, 2013 5:02 pm

I like the idea myself. I just need someone who is willing to make them
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptyMon May 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Smash King wrote:

I hope you find someone SK. Can I be of help for this? Actually I don't quite know how to do this but if you tell me how I can be of help.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptyMon May 27, 2013 5:59 pm

MikeMan214 wrote:
Smash King wrote:

I hope you find someone SK. Can I be of help for this? Actually I don't quite know how to do this but if you tell me how I can be of help.

I don't have a clue how to rip images or create them myself. So I can't teach anyone how to do it.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptyMon May 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Smash King wrote:
MikeMan214 wrote:
Smash King wrote:

I don't have a clue how to rip images or create them myself. So I can't teach anyone how to do it.

Aw,well I guess you appreciate what I said though. Good luck finding someone. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptyMon May 27, 2013 6:42 pm

Smash King wrote:
MikeMan214 wrote:
Smash King wrote:

You need some smash balls? I got them on the way
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:07 pm

I'll just leave these here (Don't thank me, thank BrawlBox).

New User Ranking Colors AdvMenuLvl.1
New User Ranking Colors AdvMenuLvl.2
New User Ranking Colors AdvMenuLvl.3
New User Ranking Colors AdvMenuLvl.4
New User Ranking Colors AdvMenuLvl.5
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Damn you mistress.

Well looks like I didn't do much.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:20 pm

brb making smaller sprite versions

New User Ranking Colors Easy
New User Ranking Colors Normal
New User Ranking Colors Hard
New User Ranking Colors Very-hard

and these two are both for classic on intense; one is forum-theme themed, other is silver
New User Ranking Colors Classicintense1
New User Ranking Colors Classicintense2
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:54 am

I think that of those two you made for CoI, one of them (blue) should be for the main development team and the silver one should be for everyone else over 3000 posts.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:33 pm

Alright guys, I've added the icons and did a bit of fixes as well in some areas of the User Rankings.

You will also notice that the text letters "Level 1 CPU" for example are now back to being white colors for 2 reasons. One being is to avoid any comparisons to believe a certain member is part of a team (example red being Spriters). Second, it has no purpose to have colors since the icons itself already identifies what color ranking the user is.

Here are the listed rankings and what Icon they use:

New User Ranking Colors 8c284b115dbe64d188b2a9b1ac8cad09 Level 1 & 2

New User Ranking Colors D9806655ece3cd83a5788487e26fe092 Level 3 & 4

New User Ranking Colors 96582faab77fd9b7e7ce3a51b6b76095 Level 5, 6, & 7

New User Ranking Colors Ec18c43e37cdadaf0d2b47b886eba317 Level 8, 9, & 10

New User Ranking Colors Bf909cdfce6530635171809ad724249e Classic On INTENSE!

New User Ranking Colors 5fc08ff9c0fb64aabc16e83c48f1e638 Dev Team, Main Dev Team, & Lead Developer

Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Looks great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:27 am

nice priorities
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:16 pm

My smash ball is wrong then, should be the dev team colors
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Ah, I see why you didn't get the Dev Team Ball. Its cause your ranking title is not Dev Team Member. I will fix that right away.

Also, not sure if you guys will agree to this. But there is an option to have more than 1 ranking. For example, "Level 5 CPU" & "Lead Balancer" for starters. I haven't tested it out yet, so I don't know how it will be organized. Do you guys like the idea, or should 1 ranking be the limit?
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:21 pm

I think yes, that will give more Reconigtion to people
Back to top Go down
Stuart98
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:50 pm

On a similar subject... why do we have a traditional life bar when this is an SSB fangame forum? It should start at 0% and you should be auto ko-ed at 100%.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Stuart98 wrote:
On a similar subject... why do we have a traditional life bar when this is an SSB fangame forum? It should start at 0% and you should be auto ko-ed at 100%.
I can tell your lifebar is going to be depleted if you don't shush, read the rules (and lurk more)
Back to top Go down
Stuart98
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:10 pm

My apologies. It seemed on topic enough to me. Maybe I spend too much time on other small forums, ones where no one really cares about off-topicness unless it extends for several pages.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Well, it doesn't relate to the topic itself, but it does have a relation to the user's profile, its not that big of a deal at least.

But yea to answer your question.

The lifebar was added by our former Admin who is no longer here (I replaced him under his request). It was never intended to compliment anything Smash-related and was only thrown in cause we needed something to use as an infraction system. Though the Smash Bros damage idea does interest me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:25 pm

Personally, I don't see how it would be better than the current system, other than that it relates to smash bros more.

And if it were to lead to a bad at 100%, then it would literally be no different than how it works now, aside from the numbers being reversed.

Just leave it as it is.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Smash King wrote:
The lifebar was added by our former Admin who is no longer here
R.I.P. plasmis Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New User Ranking Colors   New User Ranking Colors Empty

Back to top Go down

New User Ranking Colors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1