Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple Empty
PostSubject: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:42 pm

I have a proposal: Narrow down Ocarina Medley to a single stage: Water Temple. It is the most memorable location from Ocarina of Time, and I feel as though we need at least one location from that game (Hyrule Castle doesn't count).

Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple Watertemple

This is a 3-tier stage. The level starts as a mostly flat walk-off, with a wooden block (green) in the center. You can't see the upper 4 platforms. The background is the central tower from the original location.

After about 30 seconds, you hear Zelda's Lullaby. The water level starts to rise, and stops at the middle of the stage. The wooden block rises up with the water, causing a fight for the one platform until you reach the second level. There are the 2 platforms on the side that don't rise or fall with the water (they're part of that central tower).

Take another 30 seconds, and the song plays again. The water rises up to the top level, taking only the wood block with it. The wood block closes the gap between the top 2 platforms, creating a Final Destination-type layout with water on the sides instead.

After another 30 seconds, the song plays again and the water lowers back down to the bottom level to repeat the process all over again.

Thoughts, concerns, etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:45 pm

I like the ideas you've presented here.

Personally, I'd rather go with the Forest Temple, but I wouldn't mind sticking with this.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Yeah, I think this is an interesting idea, pssst try not to tell Merc about this, you know what happens when someone bashes his Ocarina Medley.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:57 pm

nice ideas, although there is room for improvement
Back to top Go down
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 am

Since we went back to sprited stages. Man-power has become an issue. 6 stages in one is certaintly not helping with that. One solution was to remove Ocarina Medley, which in turn removes crucial representation for Ocarina of Time (Peronally I wouldn't be bothered that much, but others probably will).

The other option is to keep Ocarina Medley. Which is a problem like I said earlier. If Water Temple replaces Ocarina Medley. Not only it would solve the man-power problem. But it would also prevent removing representation from Ocarina of Time. Effectively solving two problems at once!

So yes, I support this proposal!
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:32 am

I love this.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:05 am

Axel meets Vanellope wrote:
nice ideas, although there is room for improvement

That's great, what could be improved??

Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:57 am

For one thing, I think there should be two of the green platforms
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:48 am

not enough difficult-to-find keys or painful iron boots switching
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 am

Axel meets Vanellope wrote:
For one thing, I think there should be two of the green platforms

I think one is enough. It'd would prove to be a hectic fight to stay on that platform and not be vulnerable to attack while floating on water.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:19 pm

I support this stage
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:40 pm

VultureDuck wrote:
Yeah, I think this is an interesting idea, pssst try not to tell Merc about this, you know what happens when someone bashes his Ocarina Medley.

The stage wasn't my idea, I just happened to really like the idea and offered to write music for it. As long as I know early enough whether we're switching to this or not then I don't have a problem. That would make my work easier as well, since I'd only have to write a piece for one stage.

So yes, I support dropping Ocarina Medley for the Water Temple. However, I will hold off on writing the music until it is confirmed so that I don't waste my time.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Or you could write a full OoT medley like the Brawl one that would play on this stage. That'd be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:51 pm

That's a possibility, in fact I already have one in musical notation in my music thread (I doubt anyone cared to listen). It's a medley of overworld music, but If that's no good I can make a new one specifically of OoT music. Another idea I had was to make an electronic dance-style battle arrangement of the Water Temple's original music (or do the same thing for the Serenade of Water, the song that takes you there).
Back to top Go down
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU
Ness_64

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:51 am

I'm supporting removing Ocarina Medley for the Water Temple too.
But...
dead wrote:
not enough difficult-to-find keys or painful iron boots switching
And now that I think of it (even though it's a bit obvious), this version could be Dark Link's stage as well. At least it'll be something better than a lame walk-off stage without platforms.
Back to top Go down
Blackmage55
Level 1 CPU
Blackmage55

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:15 am

i like the idea. Using one of the most hardest and frustraiting stages in zelda history as a stage, its just a great idea.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:29 am

Just to be clear, I'm supporting this too
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:47 am

I personally find the dungeons in Link's Awakening to be much harder than the Water Temple, but that's just me. The Water Temple is still undoubtedly one of the Zelda franchise's most memorable dungeons for its gimmick if not for its difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple   Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposal: Ocarina Medley to Water Temple
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Stage Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com