HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) Empty
PostSubject: Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)   Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:08 pm

Dillon is Nintendo's newest IP from Dillon's Rolling Western.
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) Tumblr_m476k0i7551rqwhaoo1_500
(Click Dillon to Play Music!)

Dillon's Rolling Western was fast to become one of the most popular eShop only titles, rivaling the likes of Pushmo and Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword during the first few months of the eShop. The game was very well received and also...
Spoiler:

Dillon alone is also still a very well-liked character and perfectly represents the Nintendo eShop, many love his character design and firmly believe that he could very well fit into the main Smash Brothers roster- Myself included.

Now to get into the good stuff:
Dillon's Abilities
Dillon has two ways to defeat Grocks

PLEASE READ THIS!
1. Hand to Hand Combat:

2. Towers:

NOTE: Dillon is also able to use items, such as Dynamite and Bombs. However I saw no point to go too far into the items he is able to use.

Anyways, now for Part 2:
Possible Playstyles
Dillon can have a three different playstyles:
- Close Combat Dillon (Many Attacks consists of Rolling and Smashing into Opponents)
- Tower Defense Dillon (Dillon has more stage control, somewhat like Bomberman in SSF2)
- A Mix of the Two (Essentially give Dillon both a Brawler type moveset while retaining the stage controlling possibilites Towers can give him)

Close Combat Dillon would most likely focus more on his many types of Ramming attacks, however while it may seem bland at first. Don't forget that Dillon has different ways to follow up after ramming an opponent (Grinding, Slashing, and Burrowing) This allows the player to set up mind games for the opponent while playing as Dillon. I would recommended Arma-Mode as this version's Final Smash, since it could add to this Dillon's playstyle more.

Tower Defense Dillon, in my mind, would be able to set up towers with different durabilities and types of weapons equipped to them while the rest of his specials were used to enhance said towers and to send people away from them so they can continue to dish out damage. However I think that this idea might be too complex and would be difficult to code. But, that isn't my job to determine that.

Dillon Mixed would be, as the name suggests, a mix between the two playstyles. I think it would be great if we could come up with a way to represent both styles so Dillon can still set up Towers, but still be able to take care of opponents by himself. Even if some changes will be have to be made to make it work correctly.

So please, send this Ranger a vote in the DLC topic!

Also, please post any comments you have on the moveset too! I'd love to try to make it as best as possible!
alsoimwillingtotryspritinghimifhemakesit
But I'm actually serious about trying to sprite him.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)   Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:20 am

Well, what do you know?

Dillon's Rolling Western is getting a sequel after all!
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) Dillons-Rolling-Western-The-Last-Ranger
Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger is heading to the eShop April 11th.

This makes Dillon's Rolling Western the SECOND eShop franchise to get a sequel. This really ups Dillon's chances to be in the next Smash too! I'm also certain we'll see some new abilities for Dillon to use in this new title as well. So I think I'll hold off on creating a full moveset until some time after the game's release.

But hey! This means Dillon actually has a better chance to be in Smash than most characters! I think he'd still be a great addition to CrusaDLC. He isn't that far behind the others and we could really use a Nintendo character that isn't from the classic days in the list.

So vote for Dillon now!
...Please?
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)   Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:47 pm

There was a trailer released for The Last Ranger! Go ahead and take a look!

Back to top Go down
mr. game
Level 3 CPU
mr. game

PostSubject: Re: Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)   Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:54 pm

I like this character

I say that if
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)   Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Dillon is starting to grow on me, slowly.
Back to top Go down
Bakujirou
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)   Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:32 pm

I loved him. *-*

Also, I'll suggest the Playstyle - Close Combat Dillon.
Back to top Go down
NoSkinnedKoopa
Level 1 CPU
NoSkinnedKoopa

PostSubject: Re: Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)   Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 11:30 pm

Never played the games, but looks like an awesome character. Yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)   Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1