View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:24 am

signatures have been added back with no changes.

Also, though unannounced, I have been very open on the idea of having a new admin who can make this forum a priority if they have interest in contributions.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 6:23 am

I'm on this forum all the time so if you're considering people I'd put my hand up.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 7:10 am

I hate to say it as well, even though I've only been here a year, I'm basically on the forum always ,_,
Kinda embarrassing, but same as ganon, if you're considering people I'd put my hand up.

EDIT - Glad to see Signatures back, I forgot my dancing Pikmin were there, yay
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 8:19 am

he means upgrading the forum visually and functionally, not just for moderating and general management.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 8:29 am

Ah okay, nevermind then.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 8:47 am

Yeah once again... same as Ganon Razz
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:18 am

we need someone who knows how to manage an administration panel.

Things like updating or adding skins, fixing borders, code features that forumotion doesnt offer. For example, flash players, new chat, or anything you feel will benefit the community.

Simply, we need a new Plasmis (our old admin back in the day). Someone who will actively improve things under his own will rather than being a sitting duck waiting for orders
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:43 am

I'm on all the time, but I'm not moderator or admin material. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:40 am

Smash King wrote:
we need someone who knows how to manage an administration panel.

Things like updating or adding skins, fixing borders, code features that forumotion doesnt offer. For example, flash players, new chat, or anything you feel will benefit the community.

Simply, we need a new Plasmis (our old admin back in the day). Someone who will actively improve things under his own will rather than being a sitting duck waiting for orders

Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 52827iAB293A03C4895B6E?v=mpbl-1
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Um. Yeah. I said this like three times now. This is the fourth.

I am the technical director of another forum > http://ps4forum.forumotion.com/ < if you need to see what I can do.

The banner and BG I didn't do. The owner did that. It's pretty cool imo.

The buttons are broke because neuropod killed itself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 12:39 pm

Out of anyone on the current forum, Kirby definitely as the most potential to be Admin based on how well I know his experience. Though, not sure how technically skilled he is and how much knowledge he has as far as things like what graphic sizes are needed and stuff like that. I guess I just want to see more from Kirby on both skills & work ethics.

Another thing too, I think its best that its someone who will work exclusively on the forum. No spriters, coders, etc.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Smash King wrote:
Out of anyone on the current forum, Kirby definitely as the most potential to be Admin based on how well I know his experience. Though, not sure how technically skilled he is and how much knowledge he has as far as things like what graphic sizes are needed and stuff like that. I guess I just want to see more from Kirby on both skills & work ethics.

Another thing too, I think its best that its someone who will work exclusively on the forum. No spriters, coders, etc.
Yeah then I probably wouldn't qualify. I love my sfx Crying or Very sad

I did mention before that I am not an artist, so for things like themes - while I can do recolors of things (I love recolors) - I would need some artist for something more complex, like a banner.

Or we can have a banner contest like MG did.
---
also daily.jpg is broke
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:17 pm

You love your sfx, yet you haven't provided anything in ages. lol

Well, if Giga or Dust are willing to make banners and then new admin can code it in its proper within Admin Panel, then that would work. I would also like to mention that I'm not suggesting changing any designs to the forum at the moment. Just searching for someone who is capable of doing so when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Smash King wrote:
You love your sfx, yet you haven't provided anything in ages. lol
Nothing to do, not my problem. lol
If it would benefit the progress I'd do music, but mine is so bad.
Smash King wrote:
Well, if Giga or Dust are willing to make banners and then new admin can code it in its proper within Admin Panel, then that would work. I would also like to mention that I'm not suggesting changing any designs to the forum at the moment. Just searching for someone who is capable of doing so when the time comes.
^ this
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:53 pm

There has been plenty of things to do on Audio Board since 2013. And as a member of the team, it is a problem for you. Currently, we need a sfx guy more than we need another composer, which Afilion already is covering at this time. If there is nothing to do (which is not the case), then you find something to do. Take the time to play the demo. Examine if there are any sfx, voice clips, etc. that can require some changes. Be suggestive at least on what can make audio in the game better.

As an Admin, or as a member of any productive team, you have to be observant. You can't sit there and wait for someone to give you something to do, which is not the ideal thing we would want an Admin or any team member to do. You sit around and wait for something, it will rarely come to you. There are plenty to do on Audio Board. If you can't take the time to view the list of sfx/voice clips needed within that one board, then how will you manage an entire forum?

Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Smash King wrote:

There has been plenty of things to do on Audio Board since 2013. And as a member of the team, it is a problem for you. Currently, we need a sfx guy more than we need another composer, which Afilion already is covering at this time. If there is nothing to do (which is not the case), then you find something to do. Take the time to play the demo. Examine if there are any sfx, voice clips, etc. that can require some changes. Be suggestive at least on what can make audio in the game better.

As an Admin, or as a member of any productive team, you have to be observant. You can't sit there and wait for someone to give you something to do, which is not the ideal thing we would want an Admin or any team member to do. You sit around and wait for something, it will rarely come to you. There are plenty to do on Audio Board. If you can't take the time to view the list of sfx/voice clips needed within that one board, then how will you manage an entire forum?

SK has made some wise statements over here. Progress requires assertiveness. This applies to many things, including forum administration and content creation.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:45 pm

Smash King wrote:
Yeah you're right about the first part. Maybe it's my autistic ignorance that'll be my downfall eventually.
The second part can't be fulfilled however. I can't run the demo on my current box at all, due to a lack of a suitable graphics driver that doesn't wreck whenever I use it. SOON tho. SOON. (whenever nVidia will get their act together)
Smash King wrote:
I do. Every day. No new posts. Every day. The Smash Ball lights up but nothing is there. Looking through it it looks all done but no. I wrote a to do list. Something I can read and interpret. I can be more helpful now, at least I would think.
-----
I'll never have as much time as I used to. I run dual web servers and an FTP server 24/7. I am doing a project called Melee Minus. I have an actual job now. (I make $10/hr fixing computers. Just the job I need! Very Happy )

But I'm derailing this thread, so I'll shut up and open audacity again.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:29 am

perhaps, instead of finding a random new admin, we can build one from the ground up.

it can go like this. to whoever is highly interested in being a forum admin, create a forumotion of your own. whoever shows the most impressive forum has a good shot at being an admin here on this forum. keep in mind that your reputation as a veteran forum member is taken into consideration. so if you got a bad rep in the community, which i know very few of you dont, i would not recommend taking this challenge. keep in mind this isnt official, just an idea
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:53 am

Smash King wrote:
So if you got a bad rep in the community, which i know very few of you dont, i would not recommend taking this challenge.

Jesus christ, what is that supposed to mean? I can't think of three hostile people on this forum.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:26 am

BluePsychic, Blitz, and SuperKooparaider

they have no chance of... getting a chance
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Bad Boy's Corner
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:49 am

Yeah screw Blitz! That guy's the worst.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:51 am

Never forget
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 11:51 am

Well, I guess I haven't seen as much knowing how new I am here. Psyduck
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:45 pm

well, if anyone is interested, let me know
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 1:53 pm

I mean...
I haven't really wanted to say anything.

But I'm kinda sorta interested in being admin.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Bad Boy's Corner
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 11:23 am

I for one support StayPuft as admin.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Caveat: The small smashballs are broken.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 8:55 pm

Currently, I think I am confident of either Kirby or Dust for Admin.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Dust for Admin 2014
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:04 pm

StayPuft wrote:
Dust for Admin 2014
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next