Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What is your standing concerning his inclusion?
I am positive; he should be included.
Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! Bar_left77%Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! Bar_right
 77% [ 10 ]
No, I am against his inclusion.
Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! Bar_left23%Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! Bar_right
 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC!   Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:41 pm

I don't know whether you are a Real Time Strategy fan or not. Personally there are a couple of such games that I enjoy while my favourite would have to be Age of Mythology, developed by Ensemble Studios (now dismissed) and closely linked to the Age of Empires games.

In Age of Mythology, the player is capable of choosing between the Ancient Greeks, the Ancient Egyptians or the Norse, while the expansion one year later added 1 additonal culture, the Atlanteans. The players, besides using soldiers, ere also able to deploy powerful mythological creatures or cast "spells" (God Powers) granted to them by the gods.

And thus, there are some units that are more memorable than others, due to appearance or strategic value. One of those would have to be Son of Osiris. His falcon features represent the god Horus, who was one of the oldest and most significant figures of the ancient egyptian pantheon.

Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! Image

He was a demigod unit that could only be produced by casting a specific god power on your Pharaoh, as a player of the Ancient Egyptians.

He was able to shoot lighting bolts out of his ank-scepter, that damaged up to 4 enemies, but also retained the primary abilities of any Pharaoh; the ability to empower a building, thus making it train units or research upgrades considerably faster.

More recently, he also appeared in Age of Empires: Mythologies, a DS game related to the franscise, which has a gameplay that resembles advance wars.

Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! 99 Son of Osiris attacking Ancient Greek infantry

Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! Almostover Son of Osiris attacking enemy soldiers in the midst of the chaos

We could also make him "borrow" God Powers from the Egyptians, for the sake of the game.

http://aom.heavengames.com/gameinfo/powers/egyptian

And thus, I suggest him for DLC.

Here's an idea for a couple of specials.

Neutral Special: Lighting Bolt
Son of Osiris targets (roughly) the nearest opponent within range, while pointing his ank-scepter at him/her. After about 1 or 2 seconds, a lightning bolt is very swiftly projected from the tip of his ank scepter to attack the enemy. It can also "chain" to enemies nearby to the orignal target.

Upwards Special: Swifting Sands
Son of Osiris is engulfed in dense sand; he disappeares to reappear somewhere nearby under the cover of the sand, which slowly diminishes. Essentially, teleport. However, it could also have the ability to teleport any player or item very close to Son of Osiris as well.

So whadda ya think guys?
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC!   Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:20 pm

I definitaly support this and would vote for him if he wins. I'm a big Strategy game fan.
Back to top Go down
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC!   Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:43 pm

Love the idea, I support this.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC!   Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Wow, I totally did not expect that, guys! Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC!   Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:56 pm

>lots of votes on suggestion poll
>only 2 or 3 votes on dlc poll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC!   Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Mr. Mistress wrote:
>lots of votes on suggestion poll
>only 2 or 3 votes on dlc poll
>using meme arrows
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC!   Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:26 pm

anyone else wants to add or change votes before I close this?
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC!   Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:58 pm

I vote Yes .
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC!   Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:26 pm

I have given this poll a good 3 days for the community to decide on this choice. Now that this topic seems to have slowed down, I can now lock this poll due to Son of Osiris winning support by a landslide. He will be an additional candidate to the Main DLC Poll.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC!   Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC! Empty

Back to top Go down

Son of Osiris [Age of Empires: Mythologies] for DLC!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1