Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

pokemen XY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

pokemen XY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:44 am

Except that Light Type makes no sense; at all.
Aside from that, every Generation has its share of people thinking it will introduce Light Type.

Before Reshiram was revealed to be Dragon/Fire, everyone and their grandma believed it would be a newly introduced Light Type. This is no different, and people are setting themselves up for dissapointment if they think this new Eeveelution will be a new Type.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:46 am

Wasnt Psychic always considered the Light Type of sorts
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:26 am

Wari-O-Matic wrote:
How exactly does it make no sense? Ninfia is clearly Normal or Light, and I can't see them making a Normal Eeveelution. Also, the fact that they have the Evolution Method and Type listed as "???" on the CoroCoro page sort of hints that it's going to be something new, otherwise they would have just spilled it.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:17 am

It's color scheme is really similar to Milotic's. So maybe it evolves through beauty?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Ganon the Antisocial Brit wrote:
Wari-O-Matic wrote:
How exactly does it make no sense? Ninfia is clearly Normal or Light, and I can't see them making a Normal Eeveelution. Also, the fact that they have the Evolution Method and Type listed as "???" on the CoroCoro page sort of hints that it's going to be something new, otherwise they would have just spilled it.
They keep a lot of Typing secret for a while; this is nothing special. Unless we are to assume that Xerneas and Yveltal also have new Types since theirs are currently unknown. Then again, Reshiram and Zekrom were unknown initally too. And like I said, everyone assumed that they'd be Light Type and Dark Type Dragons.
Also, Zorua's evolution method into Zoroark was kept secret and mentioned to be "something never seen before", yet it ended up just being a level based evolution. So what was initially said didn't make it past the planning stage. Meaning, the evolution method could be anything at this point.
So again, it's best not to jump the gun. Which is what you are doing by saying that "clearly" it's either Normal or "Light", when it could just as easily be Flying, given the connections people give it to the word "Nymph", which is a fairy-like creature. People are clinging more towards that being the case, but it's only a matter of time until the truth is revealed.

As for why it doesn't make sense to introduce a new Type, let alone "Light" Type, refer to the post I made earlier:
Wari-O-Matic wrote:
The only reason why we got Dark and Steel to begin with was for balance purposes. Adding another Type at this point is pointless.
And with the Dark Type (or Evil Type as it's known in Japan) focusing on more or less dirty trick fighting, introducing a "Light Type" does not make any lick of sense.

Dark already has its counterpart in the Fighting Type, which is why the type is super-effective against it. Because trained fighters using martial arts are superior to untrained fighters relying on dirty tricks.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:53 pm

What reason is there to not have a Normal type Eevee evolution? There are a lot of strong Normal type moves that the other evolutions miss out on, both Physical and Special, and Normal Pokemon also typically have much more vast movepools at the cost of having very few good STAB moves. Maybe a Normal type Eevee evolution might not be the most exciting, but it would certainly be unique from the other ones and fill its own niche.

If it was Normal type it would probably evolve with a Shiny Stone, like Minccino.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
DemonicGamerAzazel

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Gonna join in here.

I don't think it will be light type, but normal or flying seem likely.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:13 pm

I forgot what it looks like already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:18 pm

wait a second, there is another type? Since when?
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:20 pm

since speculation
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 pm

BluePsychic wrote:
wait a second, there is another type? Since when?
Never.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:10 pm

K. Thanks for clarification.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:11 am

It's official, Ninfia's localised name is Sylveon.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 am

I'm going with bug type. I don't care what anyone says.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:37 am

I always wonder with pokemon with the bows and stuff. if you were to pull one of those off would they bleed or something
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:45 am

GigaPichu wrote:
I always wonder with pokemon with the bows and stuff. if you were to pull one of those off would they bleed or something
You need to seek professional help.

It is a good question though.

Also, here's some pictures of Sylveon in-game.
pokemen XY - Page 3 Sylveon3pokemen XY - Page 3 Sylveon1pokemen XY - Page 3 Sylveon2pokemen XY - Page 3 Sylveon4pokemen XY - Page 3 Sylveon5
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:54 am

Gotta be a normal type.
I saw Trump Card and Swift in there.
Can't tell what the other two moves are but they appeared to be special attacks, which probably means Sylveon will focus on Special Attacks like basically every other evolution.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:57 am

I have no doubt in it being Normal Type

bigest reason: Color scheme

Pink and White has been the color scheme for quite a lot of strong sissy-looking Normal Types, as far as i've seen. So this is likely a similar case.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:44 am

It should be noted that the Eevee's seem to be following a pattern, every even number generation (Excluding Gen I) has had two new Eevee's. It's a pretty good bet that we'll see a 9th Eevee pretty soon.

My guess, Fighting or Flying if there's another one. Also, it's possible they'll reveal the types when both are unveiled.
Back to top Go down
xXtyking1224Xx
Level 5 CPU
xXtyking1224Xx

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Still not gonna count out flying purely because of its name.

It's name has some mythical based origins (nymphs and all that), and Sylveon is possibly based off of a sylph, which is a guardian of the winds. Since Flying is the typing that has the most wind based move, still gonna assume flying type for now.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Bug type. I have no real reason to guess this, but I'm sticking with it until the end. And if I'm right you're all gonna feel stupid.
Back to top Go down
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
DemonicGamerAzazel

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:58 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Bug type. I have no real reason to guess this, but I'm sticking with it until the end. And if I'm right you're all gonna feel stupid.

This...seems unlikley, but there is nothing to rule against it. Adding it to my list of speculated types.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Relic98 wrote:
MercuryHg34 wrote:

This...seems unlikley, but there is nothing to rule against it. Adding it to my list of speculated types.

No bandwagoning
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:36 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Relic98 wrote:
MercuryHg34 wrote:

No bandwagoning
You can't pick Rock either, that's my guess Razz
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Add a lottery to the OP. Do it.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 pm

I'm not one to follow what goes on with Pokemon despite being a fan of the game. Though, I found something interesting that you guys might like to read. Take note that its from 4Chan. Not sure if its a credible source or not.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/rumor-pokemon-x-y-bring-significant-changes-tons-of-details
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:39 pm

"names are not customizable"

Unless there is going to be voice acting, this can't be true.

(Voice acting confirmed)
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:47 pm

almost everything in there has to be false

-non-customizable names will never happen in the main series of pokemon. happened in a couple side games (trozei definitely, i think in the ranger games as well) but never in main series or most spin-offs
-trainer-based leveling system unlikely but considering the entralink and joint avenue stuff in 5th gen it wouldn't be surprising
-whistle is no different from the flutes from 3rd gen other than it's a key item and can be used more than once
-"bond" level would not and cannot replace happiness, otherwise it would break the evolution methods of many pokemon, and if the thing mentioned later about sylveon evolving through bond level is true, then it's not a new form of eeveelution due to espeon and umbreon evolving through happiness during day and night respectively
-bond-eye thing would be nice for people trying to catch a pokemon of a specific nature but highly unlikely, also the catch rate has always been a value hidden in-game so i doubt it'd be made easily visible, other features could be just as easily done with an upgraded form of the pal pad
-co-op would be interesting but unlikely, especially in the method shown, but again there were methods of co-op in previous games (underground in 4th gen and entralink in 5th) so not completely implausible
-new pokedex idea is plausible except for the comments part
-extra money thing could be interesting but the interest system would be hard to implement
-wrist-watch time traveling thing is basically pokemon 4ever and the celebi HG/SS event but expanded upon, i highly doubt this
-more time-traveling related stuff
-bristle isn't a type of tree, closest is the bristlecone pine, this should invalidate the entire list on its own
-more bond level crap
-new type combinations are always plausible so there's no point in saying they aren't (except combinations with new types obviously)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:56 pm

I browse /vp/ very frequently (where these rumors originated)

It's honestly nothing to write home about; threads like these pop up on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 5:10 am

The UK Nintendo magazine seems to be hinting that the Starters will be Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting and Grass/Dark. This means that each of the starters will have one type advantage over each of the other starters, and one weakness, which sounds really cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pokemen XY   pokemen XY - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

pokemen XY
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: The Arcade-
Jump to: