Share | 

Global Forum Rules Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Global Forum Rules Discussion Thread   Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:35 pm

I'm making this thread today for a number of reasons. For one, the current rules of the thread are missing specific punishments and details of what is/isn't allowed within the community. There are no listings for some to exactly how much time should be given for certain bans or which ones should be given a warning before ban.

Also, this gives us the opportunity to see if there is anymore rules that should be applied to keep things in order. I hope this discussion will lead to giving this community a more detailed & fair rulings to follow.

Here is the current Rules in the spoiler
Spoiler:

Last edited by Smash King on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Global Forum Rules Discussion Thread   Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:41 am

Abolish the no swearing rule as well as the word filter. If somebody is offended or triggered by the language of another, it is up to the parties involved to sort it out. If someone flips out and starts mindlessly lashing out insults, they are to be punished for violating rule 2.

I'm not sure what could be added. Perhaps a reminder to lurk and familiarize oneself with the community before posting; it might reduce the amount of users signing up, posting "how do i played game???" only never to be heard from again.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Global Forum Rules Discussion Thread   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:13 am

I partly agree with Bro, that the swearing rules should be gone. But there are some people who do get offended, I know for one that Toast dislikes swearing. So as a matter of courtesy you still shouldn't swear on, like, the Stage Roster topic for example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: Global Forum Rules Discussion Thread   Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:36 am

I may dislike the strongest swearing. But I actually don't really mind too much when other people swear(mostly only in chat though). Unless people goes on a swearing rampage. Which I don't usually see. So saying I am "offended" is kinda both right and wrong.

Personally I'd prefer if we keep the forum posts clean from swearing. Spam is kind of a exception because that place is, well. Spam. I also have no problems with mild language at all(should be obvious by now, but just saying.).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator

Random

PostSubject: Re: Global Forum Rules Discussion Thread   Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:59 am

Remove the censor but make it an infractable offense outside of Spam and the chatbox.

Problem solved.

I don't mind swear words if they're not used to flame someone or something. I personally never use them but my sister used them enough to account for both of us so I'm really used to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Global Forum Rules Discussion Thread   Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Personally, the cursing doesn't bother me at all. The only thing I noticed is that the cursing does bother a number of people here and there. In several cases, flame wars get ignited half the times cause of being disrespectful with words, many of them being curses.

But yea, I feel we should keep the censoring for the sake of keeping a welcoming, family-friendly environment in the forum. I'm sure it turns off those watching from the outside.

Another thing too, we are all (arguably) fairly intelligent people here. We don't need to post curses to communicate anyways. So really, uncensored cursing should not be something mandatory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Global Forum Rules Discussion Thread   Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:13 pm

Here is an infraction list I would like to organize before finalizing it.

Basically, we can come up with what level of infractions should be given before banning or if anything should be required for an immediate banning, temporarily/permanent banning etc. As well as the length of the banning as well.

Example;

# (name of rule broken)
- 75% infraction
- 50% infraction
- 25% infraction
- 3 day ban
etc etc etc

So yea here is the list.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORUM RULES

1. Post Spamming

2. Flaming/Trolling

3. Profanity

4. Cursing/Censor Dodging (still in debate)

5. Advertisement-Only Purposes

6. Signature/Avatar Stretching

7. Copyrighting

8. Alternate Accounts

9. Account Sharing

CHATBOX RULES

1. Embedding Large Images, Audio, & Videos

1.1. Flash/Audio Animations.

2. Flaming/Insult

3. Link Spamming

That's all for now and some rules may be altered as this discussion continues.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global Forum Rules Discussion Thread   Today at 4:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Global Forum Rules Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1