Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Cole's story mode is probably him battling himself to control who he'll become. (Good Cole vs Evil Cole)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:36 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
I'm pretty sure all the Paul Gale rumors have been addressed already.
There were rumors of an RPG character. Not addressed.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:18 am

Freshman Gaben wrote:
Also, this is not the full roster, there's still more to come.
Quote :
-> Paul Gale (the first one to leak the game) said there would be at least 3 female characters. With the leak we only have two (Fat Princess and Nariko);
-> Paul Gale also said there would be a RPG character. With the leak we have none;
-> David Hayter (Snake voice actor) said on twitter that he was recording voice for the game. After the leak, no Snake confirmed;
-> The next character and stages reveals are planned for GamesCom on the 14th of August. The reveals there should pretty much confirm (or not) this leaks.
-> Another reminder. The story in the game will focus on the rivalry between a pair of playable characters. So that's a starting point to guesses.

I already showed that this isn't the finished roster. Even if it was complete, I doubt they'd go DLC free.

Paul Gale Q/A
http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/07/29/massive-new-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-qa-paul-gale-network-answers-some-of-your-most-popular-questions-including-ratchet-and-clanks-presence-hint-talk-what-is-liseks-great-advent/

Here's the jist of what he says in the Q/A.

20+ Character Roster
PS Home Avatar being considered.
Some new hints to six new characters.
Spoiler:
Ratchet and Clank confirmed
2 Months before PASBR goes Gold
Characters will be unlockable (I actually asked that question!)
Around 2 dozen items
For almost every character a friend or foe will make an appearance
Alternate colours/costumes
Cinematic cutscenes
Story Mode
There is a boss
Looks like there will be a character from an unreleased game
"No comment" given on the leak
James Bond deconfirmed
New picture hints.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:27 am

Freshman Gaben wrote:
- Another PlayStation “mascot”
- Another PlayStation “human”
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 Kevin_Butler
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:38 am

Esper wrote:
Freshman Gaben wrote:
- Another PlayStation “mascot”
- Another PlayStation “human”
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 Kevin_Butler
Well... Who else could it be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:28 am

It says "a character who has been in an RPG". That doesn't necessarily translate to "a character from an RPG".

Example: Mario isn't from an RPG, bu he has been in quite a few.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
It says "a character who has been in an RPG". That doesn't necessarily translate to "a character from an RPG".

This FAQ was released yesterday. Rumors of an RPG character not necessarily in that exact wording have surfaced for a while
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:59 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:

Well, looking at the roster there still hasn't been any character to fit that description yet. The closest you could get is Metal Gear AC!D from my knowledge.

EDIT: Thinking about the clues, that quote for the first one I figured must have something to do with either cards, poker or a term "Full House" (What with the quote being 3 Aces and 2 Kings). This may be VERY wishful thinking, but could "Full House" possibly refer to Arkham Asylum? The pic is comes with looks to be a cinema, possibly saying that the character it references has films out?
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:15 pm

- One 3rd party hero that has a strong affiliation with the PlayStation brand.

Crash is in.

YES.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:24 pm

AEM wrote:
- One 3rd party hero that has a strong affiliation with the PlayStation brand.

Crash is in.

YES.
Dante was in the leak, he fits that bill.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:27 am

There's a rumour floating around that each character will be paired up with a "Rival" in the game, so I figured I'd make up some Rivalries that I think would be fun to have.

Kratos - Nariko
Jak & Daxter - Cole McGrath
Toro - PaRappa
Ratchet & Clank - Radec
Raiden - Dante
Sly Cooper - Nathan Drake
Sackboy - Spike
Big Daddy - Sweet Tooth

This leaves Fat Princess, Heihachi & Sir Daniel without rivals. I also only made it out of confirmed/leaked characters, if I had any character I'd probably have Sackboy vs ModNation's Tag, and Spike vs Monkey from Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

Also, if ScrewAttack's "Anonymous Source" is telling the truth, the Challenge and Character Trial modes are most likely going to be saved for DLC, the final boss of Arcade is Polygonman (Hell yes), and not making the cut for the main game but being considered for DLC is Alex Mercer (Prototype), Nightmare (Soul Calibur), Miyamoto (Genji), Sora (Kingdom Hearts) and Cloud (Final Fantasy)

I'm a bit sad if this is true to wave goodbye to the chance of Sora or Cloud in the main game, but at least they are being considered.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:27 pm

I remember seeing a video with Heihachi's rival being Toro.

EDIT: Here it is.

Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:35 am

Sort of related: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/08/04/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-update-and-pictures-with-superbot-entertainment-plus-paul-gale-network-has-a-new-xbox-360-exclusive/

Paul Gale wrote:
The chapter isn’t fully closed on this game, but now is as good of a time as any to officially state that I’ve got a huge Xbox 360 exclusive as well. It’s still far too early to reveal anything (let alone a hint), but know that it’s of the same caliber as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was.
Xbox All-Stars Battle Bros Brawl confirmed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Freshman Gaben wrote:
Xbox All-Stars Battle Bros Brawl confirmed!
Face off with such memorable Microsoft icons as Master Chief, Clippy and Bill Gates on exciting stages like The Start Menu and the Blue Screen of Death! Compete against your friends in a Red Ring of Death match! Pay $60 to play online with foul-mouthed 10 year old British children and drunk frat boys!
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:18 pm

I don't see much roster posibility for an Xbox Smash Clone. Master Chief is about the only one that comes to mind.
I'm hoping for a Valve Smash Clone though. Troll
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Kuro Pit wrote:
I don't see much roster posibility for an Xbox Smash Clone. Master Chief is about the only one that comes to mind.

-Master Chief
-Alan Wake
-Billy Candle
-L4D reps
-Commander Shepard
-Matthew Kane
-Rush Sykes
-Geralt of Rivia
-Kaim Argonar
-Gabriel (Fable)
-Marcus Fenix
-Crackdown rep
-Frank West
-Saints Row rep
-Inphyy
-Baldur
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:51 pm

You could play a drinking game counting every space marine and generic RPG hero in that list
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:03 am

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-08-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-supports-arcade-sticks

A thousand competitive fighters just punched the air. Then performed a 56-Hit Hyper Combo.

EDIT: I just thought, you know that Uncharted stage based on the plane scene from the third one? Does anyone else really want to see that cross with Starhawk?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 am

More evidence for Sackboy and Raiden and Nakiro. Also evidence for Ryu Hayabusa, Jin and Kazuya, but they are harder to make out, so not confirmed.

If they are in though, as a non-Tekken fan, that sucks.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 600x-1

Here's the image, I can make out Nariko and Ratchet clear as day, but while I can see someone with no shirt and their fists up, it's too blurry to make out even what series it is, same with the other two. Ryu especially because he looks like just a blur.

EDIT: I was thinking about it, and seeing as we already have a Tekken character for the one on the left my money is on Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:41 am

Perfecthell4 wrote:
Kuro Pit wrote:

-Master Chief
-Alan Wake
-Billy Candle
-L4D reps
-Commander Shepard
-Matthew Kane
-Rush Sykes
-Geralt of Rivia
-Kaim Argonar
-Gabriel (Fable)
-Marcus Fenix
-Crackdown rep
-Frank West
-Saints Row rep
-Inphyy
-Baldur
You did not mention Banjo and Kazooie.
all of my respect went poof

In relation to this SECOND big leak. I think three tekken characters are way too much. It is not completely confirmed that Kazuya is even Kazuya. It could be Heihachi since they are in similar enough poses. It's also worth noting that the Cole in the "Join the Community!" image does not look the Cole currently in game.

This could either mean that it is Evil Cole, or an alternate costume. (Probably Evil Cole though.)
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:48 am

AEM wrote:
It's also worth noting that the Cole in the "Join the Community!" image does not look the Cole currently in game.

This could either mean that it is Evil Cole, or an alternate costume. (Probably Evil Cole though.)
For most of the characters on that image they reused images from their games. That Ratchet for example is on the Crack in Time cover, and the Cole you see there is on the cover of the first inFAMOUS. It represents a "Neutral" Cole.

Others they reused are Big Daddy from the first Bioshock cover, and Jak from Jak 3.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:51 am

Freshman Gaben wrote:
AEM wrote:
It's also worth noting that the Cole in the "Join the Community!" image does not look the Cole currently in game.

For most of the characters on that image they reused images from their games. That Ratchet for example is on the Crack in Time cover, and the Cole you see there is on the cover of the first inFAMOUS. It represents a "Neutral" Cole.

Others they reused are Big Daddy from the first Bioshock cover, and Jak from Jak 3.
I was just about to mention that until you posted it.

But this adds a chance to compare characters in the image with their offical artwork from their games.

Such as Kazuya and Ryu.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:55 am

AEM wrote:
Freshman Gaben wrote:
AEM wrote:

I was just about to mention that until you posted it.

But this adds a chance to compare characters in the image with their offical artwork from their games.

Such as Kazuya and Ryu.
Wow, that is Kazuya....

I'm now depressed.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:01 am

Now with JIN, I can't really be sure if it's him or not. Because I haven't really found anything to compare with that image of him. I couldn't find anything for Liu Kang either, so we'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:59 pm

It IS Jin.
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 7746294878_f850ff877b_z
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:30 pm

This makes me even more psyched for the game
Back to top Go down
Sharp Dressed Man
Level 2 CPU
Sharp Dressed Man

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:49 pm

"I'M NOT SUPER SMASH BROTHERS! I'M MY OWN ORIGINAL FIGHTAN GAEM, PLAYSTATION ALL-STARS BATTLE ROYALE!"

I find it somewhat amusing that very few of the characters are actually Playstation exclusives. Or exclusively made by Sony, either.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Actually, the majority of the roster either is PS exclusive, or at least is known for PS titles
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:21 am

Perfecthell4 wrote:
Actually, the majority of the roster either is PS exclusive, or at least is known for PS titles
This. The only anomaly I can think of is Big Daddy, who was a 360 exclusive for a year.

Anyway, looking at Jin, Kazuya and Heihachi together, I'm really hoping that the leak in an elaborate hoax. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Tekken, but three characters is pushing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:40 am

A friend of mine that plays competitive brawl played the game yesterday at Festigame (Videogames convention). He said that gameplay sucks and is worst than brawl lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next