HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 am

You may want to edit the changes we discussed on facebook into that, as in Diddy's side special remaining as the monkey flip and that both side special's switch characters on hit.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:56 am

i'd rather the throw for swapping
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:42 am

Hey I need some help making a moveset for a character( I already have a couple which I will post later). Could someone help me?
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 pm

That depends which character. Is it a moveset for a character confirmed for main roster or on the DLC poll, or neither?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Bill Rizer
Spoiler:

All of these have an origin. The weapons and abilities such as Barrier come from various games, Dash comes from Neo Contra, Grapple Hook comes from Contra 4, and Nair is a reference to the jumping dual wield shots from Contra 3.
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 3:46 pm

The character I'm trying to do is on the dlc poll, I thought if I made a moveset for him, it would spark some attention, however no matter where I look, there aren't any reliable sources to help me out. The character I'm trying to do is Yugo Ogami from the Bloody Roar series.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:23 pm

I could help with that, it's one of my favorite fighting games
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 7:38 pm

I know little about Bloody Roar even though I enjoyed it immensely. PH4 is the guy to go to.

Maybe I should make a moveset for Ray MK...
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:13 pm

Scorpion

Spoiler:

Used everything I could find through a fair amount of the series, aerials were tough because there's only two (kick and punch) throughout the entire series.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 1:08 pm

I'll take a crack at Zoroark. Coders, please let me know if anything you see here is beyond what you can manage. I'll try to keep it reasonable.

Spoiler:

Those are my ideas, please let me know what you think since I would like to see this actually become part of the game.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:43 pm

I got Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity just before leaving for Washington DC. Now that I'm back, I bring you some new, still lack-luster, move sets.
Galvantula:
Team:
Poltergust Luigi:
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 10:26 am

Gray Fox

Spoiler:

There are a lot of holes in the moveset, I've referenced everything he has done already so the rest can just be sakurai'd
Back to top Go down
Light
Level 4 CPU
Light

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:46 am

I'm gunna throw out ideas for Vaati and Roy. I know Merc posted a Vaati idea in the past but that was my idea he had posted on my behalf because I didn't have an account at that point. Then new Roy things so yea.

Vaati, the Wind Mage:
Spoiler:

Roy, Duke of Pharae:
Spoiler:

Last edited by AzureLight12 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:47 am

The Ice dragon thing for Roy is not a good idea imo since the other ideas actually represent powers he definitely has. Other than that both of those look pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
DangerMD (Senor)
Level 4 CPU
DangerMD (Senor)

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:50 pm

*Ignore*

Last edited by SenorSaturno on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dangermd.deviantart.com
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Anyway, I did say had a couple of movesets, so here they are
Roll(Megaman):
Well, what do you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:19 pm

While I appreciate your current efforts, I really wish you guys would do more than specials and Final Smashes.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:30 am

Mist wrote:
While I appreciate your current efforts, I really wish you guys would do more than specials and Final Smashes.
I would, but I'm pretty lazy, plus I sort of lack the time to do so.
Back to top Go down
DangerMD (Senor)
Level 4 CPU
DangerMD (Senor)

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:28 am

Mist wrote:

Well, you are right. Movesets are indeed more than Specials, some characters have moves that are as, or even more important than Specs and FSmashes. Just look at (sorry for the example) Black Mage in SSF2.
Back to top Go down
http://dangermd.deviantart.com
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:57 pm

What he means is that you should provide moves for every input, as in list all of his tilts, smashes, throws, aerials, etc. as well as specials and FS's. I didn't do much more than specials and FS for Zoroark because after doing research on the character I couldn't find anything spectacular to use that I hadn't already used. It that case I figured it was OK for other people to comment and add to my moveset.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:05 pm

zoroark
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:16 pm

I read it, and I like a lot of the ideas there. If you don't mind, would it be possible for us to discuss incorporating some of my ideas into it? The main issue I have with it is the placement of some moves (like Night Daze, it should be his Final Smash since it is undoubtedly his most powerful move and hits as an aoe attack).
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:37 pm

the problem is that you cannot rep zoroark's illusion ability outside of set transformations in her final smash; night daze works just fine as a neutral special.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Your FS has Zoroark "transforming" (for lack of a better word, I know it's not like Ditto transforming) into the three dogs and using their powers, when from what I could tell on bulbapedia it can't actually use the moves and abilities of the foe it's mimicking in the games. I never saw the movie, so correct me if I'm wrong in saying it's not cannon for it to be able to use the three dogs' powers.

Other than that I didn't really have an issue with the moves themselves, just the placement of some of them. I attempted to incorporate illusion into one of my specials, perhaps we could try to fix that up and work it in somehow.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:16 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Your FS has Zoroark "transforming" (for lack of a better word, I know it's not like Ditto transforming) into the three dogs and using their powers, when from what I could tell on bulbapedia it can't actually use the moves and abilities of the foe it's mimicking in the games. I never saw the movie, so correct me if I'm wrong in saying it's not cannon for it to be able to use the three dogs' powers.

Other than that I didn't really have an issue with the moves themselves, just the placement of some of them. I attempted to incorporate illusion into one of my specials, perhaps we could try to fix that up and work it in somehow.

go watch the movie, it'll help you immensely in making a moveset for her

the moves are not the actual attacks they use, but rather such strong illusions that they make the targets think they are being hit by something real. zoroark uses this a lot in the movie to make people think they are frozen, paralyzed, that an area is burning down and thus inaccessible, etc
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Ah, I see. So do you want to continue this in PM and see what we come up with?
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:21 pm

what i posted in the original original topic is all i will ever be able to come up with for zoroark, so you can pick and choose stuff from it or whatever.

i'm sure there's several movesets in SWF's make your move contest as well if you want to dig around
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
zoroark
Extreme sakuraing... cannot... compute...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Actually, I brought up an interesting idea for Zoroark on SmashBoards that seemed to have been viewed as an interesting idea.

Seeing as Illusions have been shown to be more than just altering the appearance on the user in the movie, I was thinking more along the lines in giving Zoroark "fake range". As in, have moves appear to have an extended range using things like slash marks for claw swipes.
Within the area of the "fake range", opponents will flinch as if they got hurt, but they will not take damage and there is no knockback. This would be used to help set up to approach the opponent within Zoroark's real range of attack.

I mean, Zoroark didn't really bind the Shiny Beasts with vines, but sure as Hell FELT as if she did.
Which actually brings another idea for the concept, having an Illusion grab. All the opponent has to do is THINK they have been grabbed, and they would act accordingly. So yeah, have an extended grab range, though have Zoroark actually approach the character when throwing them.

This way, we represent what is special about Zoroark (Illusion) without using up a move slot or Final Smash by using a concept that defeats the purpose of an illusion.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:19 pm

I actually really like that idea, golden. I'll probably end up seeing the movie at some point anyway, but I will definitely take up both of your offers and revise my moveset.

You know, I should probably start referring to it as "she" since all of you are and I'm assuming the Zoroark from the movie is a female at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic   The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Community Super Smash Bros. Moveset Topic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next