HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Gulity Pleasure Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sparlock

avatar

  Ryu
  5261
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Gulity Pleasure Games   Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:24 am

Do you have a game that you absolutely love, yet you are still perfectly aware that the game itself is really bad? If you do, post it here!

Disney Presents: Hercules
A sidescrolling platformer, full of clunky controls, irritating crows, horrible flying levels, and all the depth of a kiddy pool that's frozen over. Yet this was the first ever game I owned, and I still play it and hold it dear to this day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
GigaPichu

avatar

  Weegee
  3392

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:53 am

Shrek 2 The Game.

I know everyone ends up making fun of me for it but DAMN, that game was good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

avatar

  Ryu
  5261
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:50 am

GigaPichu wrote:
Shrek 2 The Game.

I know everyone ends up making fun of me for it but DAMN, that game was good.
Anybody who laughs at anyone in this topic clearly wouldn't understand the term "Guilty Pleasure"

Anyway, I just thought of another. I still consider this game pretty good.

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone (PC)
As far as most franchise games go, this was pretty good. This is essentially a 64 era LoZ game with Harry Potter characters, only a little less deep obviously. The thing that tops this game off for me too, is that it follows the plot of the book rather than the film, so characters like Peeves haven't been removed.

Here's a look at one of the more Zelda-esque dungeons in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Nohrian Sadist

avatar

  Random
  560
  cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:55 am

The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer. I've beat this game with my brother more times than I can count but dangit I can't stop playing. I literally played it yesterday and was in tears laughing at some of the pure buggy stupidity that goes on in that game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

avatar

  Ryu
  5261
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:45 am

Flaryon wrote:
The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer. I've beat this game with my brother more times than I can count but dangit I can't stop playing. I literally played it yesterday and was in tears laughing at some of the pure buggy stupidity that goes on in that game.
I remember playing it on the DS, "Pure buggy stupidity" about sums it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:58 am

guitar hero/rock band pro reporting in
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

avatar

  Ridley
  3883

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:29 am

Not Bro wrote:
guitar hero/rock band pro reporting in

I play all instruments on expert and I write music for GHTunes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  449

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Sonic & the Black Knight. I wasn't expecting much but i surprisingly had alot of fun with it. It's actually one of the few games where i liked the motion controls.
@Ganon i remember that Harry Potter game. I though it was pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercuryHg34

avatar

  Ridley
  3883

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Treasure Planet on GBA. The solar surfing levels were tight as hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Shadow the hedgehog. The AI was corny, the story was ridiculous and playing through all the levels multiple times to get the real ending got repetitive. But running around and killing enemies was very fun and the music was great. All in all, it's not as bad as many people made it out to be, unlike Sonic 06.
Back to top Go down
Equinox
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Link
  379

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Mr. mistress wrote:
Shadow the hedgehog. The AI was corny, the story was ridiculous and playing through all the levels multiple times to get the real ending got repetitive. But running around and killing enemies was very fun and the music was great. All in all, it's not as bad as many people made it out to be, unlike Sonic 06.
This.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

avatar

  Ryu
  5261
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:07 am

Equinox wrote:
Mr. mistress wrote:
Shadow the hedgehog. The AI was corny, the story was ridiculous and playing through all the levels multiple times to get the real ending got repetitive. But running around and killing enemies was very fun and the music was great. All in all, it's not as bad as many people made it out to be, unlike Sonic 06.
This.
Pretty much this too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
xXtyking1224Xx
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  257

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:35 am

I second Sonic & The Black Knight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SP



  Crash Bandicoot
  3847
  cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:03 am

Blasto for the PS1.

It had feces controls and poor level design, but the writing was genius and Blasto was voiced by Phil Hartman. Amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorcedude
Level 3 CPU
avatar

  69

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:43 am

Reviving a two month dead topic? You bet I am!

Lego Racers for the N64. Goddamn I loved this game. The idea of building your car from scratch (Who doesn't want to drive a giant blue penis with rockets?), coupled with the Mario Kart-esque gaming mechanics, the wide variety of interesting and exciting tracks, and the music. OH GOD. THAT MUSIC.



I consider this game to be an unrecognized gem in the plethora of long forgotten games for the n64, but I'm never going to admit in public that I love a game where you race lego cars...until now...sheeeeit.


Last edited by Sorcedude on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercuryHg34

avatar

  Ridley
  3883

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:04 am

Quest 64. That game was so horrible, I couldn't finish it. But I liked it when I was a kid, and that's what counts.



^This about sums up my opinion of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SP



  Crash Bandicoot
  3847
  cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:05 am

Sorcedude wrote:
Reviving a two month dead topic? You bet I am!

Lego Racers for the N64. Goddamn I loved this game. The idea of building your car from scratch (Who doesn't want to drive a giant blue penis with rockets?), coupled with the Mario Kart-esque gaming mechanics, the wide variety of interesting and exciting tracks, and the music. OH GOD. THAT MUSIC.



I consider this game to be an unrecognized gem in the plethora of long forgotten games for the n64, but I'm never going to admit in public that I love a game where you race lego cars...until now...sheeeeit.


I played that game on the PC

Good times
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:11 am

I never played any Lego games as a kid, but I recently downloaded Lego Island and it's some patrician stuff.

I missed out.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

avatar

  Weegee
  3392

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:13 am

I have never played a Lego game I did not enjoy.

I especially like the Lego Movie games, where you can play as basically every character from the movies going through the actual movie scenarios.

Lego games are suprisingly good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SP



  Crash Bandicoot
  3847
  cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:14 am

I played a ton of LEGO games when I was a kid...

LEGO Racers, LEGO Land, LEGO Creator, LEGO Island... I played those so much I didn't even realize until now.

Not including all the Star Wars and Indiana Jones LEGO games. Which aren't bad either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:21 am

GigaPichu wrote:
I have never played a Lego game I did not enjoy.

I especially like the Lego Movie games, where you can play as basically every character from the movies going through the actual movie scenarios.

Lego games are suprisingly good.
I've played some of the movie ones. They're entertaining, but the novelty wears off quickly.
Back to top Go down
Sparlock

avatar

  Ryu
  5261
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:27 am

LEGO Island is better than Ocarina of Time.

If you disagree, you haven't played it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:41 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
LEGO Island is better than Ocarina of Time.

If you disagree, you haven't played it.
Ocarina of Time is one of the least interesting Zelda titles.
Back to top Go down
Sorcedude
Level 3 CPU
avatar

  69

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:42 am

Oh wow, did I just pop open pandora's box on lego games? This is now a lego game topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:22 am

katawa shoujo is just about the prime example for a guilty pleasure game in my honest opinion
Back to top Go down
Sparlock

avatar

  Ryu
  5261
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:37 am

So you forced me watch a LEGO Island Youtube video.

I just had a nostalgasm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:42 pm

genericone wrote:
katawa shoujo is just about the prime example for a guilty pleasure game in my honest opinion
It's a visual novel, not a game doe
And I didn't feel a slight of guilt when I read it and enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  449

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:10 pm

I've played alot of the Lego Movie games. I wouldn't say they're the best games ever but they are pretty fun. I have alot of nostalgic memories about Lego Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Shadow the Hedgehog is also a pretty big guilty pleasure for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JMan
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  112

PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:48 am

Vesalius wrote:
Mr. mistress wrote:
Shadow the hedgehog. The AI was corny, the story was ridiculous and playing through all the levels multiple times to get the real ending got repetitive. But running around and killing enemies was very fun and the music was great. All in all, it's not as bad as many people made it out to be, unlike Sonic 06.
This.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Gulity Pleasure Games   

Back to top Go down
 
Gulity Pleasure Games
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League
» Black Powder from Warlord Games
» Newport Games Updates for Week Ending June 19th.
» Newport Games Now Carries Corvus Belli 15mm 100 Years War
» ACME Games is MOVING

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: The Arcade-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum