40% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

Sandbag for CrusaDLC Empty
PostSubject: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Sandbag was discussed heavily by me, Falcon, and Phantom originally as more of a bonus character in SSBC, but even with animations made ready just after 0.7, he was never coded. He deserves a chance to make his return.
Sandbag for CrusaDLC Sandbag_thumb
History
Sandbag made his debut in Super Smash Bros. Melee, where he was hit around in Home Run Contest. Through hacking, it was possible to play as Sandbag via Debug Menu, but the chances of crashing were very likely. Using the Debug Menu to make Sandbag too large to fit on the screen has become something any Action Replay users have done before.

Sandbag returned in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, now as an item. His role in Home Run Contest was no different.

Playing as Sandbag
Sandbag would fight with nothing but his body, using some very odd attacks.
Here's a link to Sandbag's animations. I made these in December, which Falcon and Phantom both approved of. Here are a few of his animations to show how I imagine him:
Idle
Sandbag for CrusaDLC 1d784038e55adc09320f81797eb46562

Side Smash
Sandbag for CrusaDLC B2a3209dd0bb27b57ff38924b9b81855

Dash Attack (Sandbag tumbles forward)
Sandbag for CrusaDLC Cbfb2fdb6934aec45f1f16e415cc55f8

Edge Attack
Sandbag for CrusaDLC 934808932369f9f09d5f56552e1e5f3f

Part of Standard Special (it's a charge move):
Sandbag for CrusaDLC 27a1ddda4b010aa2f69d98649b4f3386

Taunt
Sandbag for CrusaDLC 137eb7ae60f07d4d0129d852e60b2163

Forward Throw (Sandbag flips the foe with him)
Sandbag for CrusaDLC 34a2b690b55b7100821468a0559eab5a

Part of Final Smash (he gets big and can move around with this pose- making fun of making him giant in Melee's Debug Menu which many people do)
Sandbag for CrusaDLC D90118d4e14cb907e314296beb6a795b

Special Moves (my ideas)
Standard Special- Home Run Slam
Sandbag takes a Home Run Bat out and begins to charge. The longer he charges it, the more the bat changes the color. Here are the levels of power the bat can reach:
Regular color- standard damage.
Blue- above average damage.
Red- intense damage.

Side Special- Barrier
Sandbag makes a cylindrical Barrier in the spot he's in. If he's hit, he will bounce off of the barrier- smashing into the opponent. It will stay in the spot used until he gets rid of it by using the special move again.

Up Special- Star Rocket
Sandbag essentially reenacts what happens when he gets hit by a Home Run Bat. This, however, does not hurt him, rather helps him recover. Sandbag shakes for a second in "stun" and rockets up into the air in any direction desired. The catch here is that as soon as Sandbag starts to rocket up from stun, anyone who touches him receives major damage/knockback.

Down Special- Head Plant
This could be considered a second recovery. Sandbag gets in the air and flips over and lands on the ground head-first, much like he does sometimes in Home Run Contest. While upside-down, he slides a little bit, then hops back to safety. Landing on opponents can stick them into the ground.

Final Smash- Scale Select
Sandbag grows incredibly giant, referencing what has been done many times using Melee's Debug Menu. With this, he can do nothing but move around and jump, hurting anyone he touches.

Last edited by Dr.MarioX on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:12 pm

I vote no.
Back to top Go down
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 5:36 pm

I vote yesh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Voted yes for the lulz.
Back to top Go down
Luke
Level 5 CPU
Luke

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 6:13 pm

i voet no because its just a bag how can bags fight ok Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 6:41 pm

voted no. I dont see how something like the Sandbag should be playable. Dont we already have the Ancient Minister as the SSB playable rep? Also, it would look odd to have the Sandbag in Home Run Contest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 6:47 pm

Originally voted yes, but changed to no due to a change of heart.

Last edited by Mr. mistress on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : CHANGE)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Smash King wrote:
voted no. I dont see how something like the Sandbag should be playable. Dont we already have the Ancient Minister as the SSB playable rep? Also, it would look odd to have the Sandbag in Home Run Contest
As an alt, not as a proper rep.

While Sandbag would be far from the ideal choice as a Smash original character, he may be the only one available.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Could use a fighting polygon, or a shadow bug. Idk just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:20 pm

I feel that a SSB rep is not necessary. Smash Bros is suppose to be the 1 series that gathers all these other franchises into one place. Giving it a rep IMO just takes away what Smash Bros is or was
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:37 am

With more than half of Crusade's cast, it already "takes away" what it is/was. Adding a Smash rep would not make it any worse.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:40 am

DMX's idea of making Sandbag based of Melee's Debug mode is actually pretty interesting, IMO. What would be really cool is if he had moveswap-based moves (since Sandbag could be moveswapped)

Sandbag in HRC could easily be replaced with something like a 'dummy'. basically a humanoid figure doll thing.

Last edited by GigaPichu on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:45 am

It would be awesome if we made our own HRC dummy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:51 am

Changed back to yes
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Dr.MarioX wrote:
It would be awesome if we made our own HRC dummy.

We should name him Kab Si Cod.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 4:03 pm

I was actually thinking of making it look like a be-specktacled teen with a shiz-eating grin.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 4:46 pm

This moveset is better than the idea of Sandbag using items from Melee.

I just think we could use another side special though.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:27 am

1) Standard B: How does Sandbag swing that thing...?
2) Wouldn't it be weird having Sandbag beating up Sandbag in Home Run Contest? How do you plan to get around that?

Will vote yes if those questions are answered.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:16 am

1) I admit that Side Special should probably be something else. Hopefully it'll be changed.

2) I guess you didnt read my 'dummy' suggestion
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:22 am

Yep, I skimmed over it. Dummy sounds good enough, I'll just see what better standard special ideas there are before casting my vote.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:01 am

Dummy even references Melee's Debug Menu. Very Happy mah childhood
We'll need to sprite him though.

And yeah, we can change side special. It could be something that represents Home Run Contest More. Perhaps something that uses the barrier in Brawl's HRC?
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:40 am

Barrier would be perfect.

Sandbag makes a cylindrical Barrier in the spot he's in.

It doesnt prevent damage or reflect anything, but hif he's hit he will bounce off, smashing into the opponent. I will stay in the spot used until he gets rid of it by pressing Sspecial again.

so sandbag
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:47 am

That would work nicely. Especially if it used the sounds straight from Brawl.
I want to make a sprite of Dummy today. How I imagine him, he's going to be a cube shape, but a squishy cube. He will be a bluish-purple, the color of the boxes in the debug menu.
Sandbag for CrusaDLC SSBM_Master_Debug_Menu
^That color. His eyes will be white and will flash red when being attacked.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:50 am

That isnt the kind of dummy I was talking about though.

I meant like a humanshape thing. something that would make a lot of sense as something like that.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:54 am

Oh. We could do a humanoid figure that looks like Melee's collision bubbles?

I also realized how genius it would be to name him Dummy, after this post on our FB page:
"We hope our Facebook community is made up of the kind of fans that look into everything we post with great detail, hoping to discover new things about the game.

If not, you all should try it. Wink"

Followed by this image:
Sandbag for CrusaDLC 2b8cfaadaa111b9376f1b914a02ce3a8

21 likes. It unintentionally means something.
Back to top Go down
Luffy
Level 5 CPU
Luffy

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:26 am

Genius. But I vote no. xD
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:35 am

My original concept for Dummy, a potential new HRC mascot:
Sandbag for CrusaDLC 4faecf872816a22e2bc83625bd072cc1

Giga suggests it be more humanoid though. I was thinking a Collision Bubble guy would be cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:05 pm

More are in favor than against, so confirming Sandbag for DLC Poll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandbag for CrusaDLC   Sandbag for CrusaDLC Empty

Back to top Go down

Sandbag for CrusaDLC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community :: Suggestion Poll Board :: Suggestion Poll Trash-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com