Traweezie

Random

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:29 pm

6 powers no more no less
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:29 pm

AGREE
Normal moves should stay the same or be similar, and he gains new special moves and a new final smash.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:41 pm

UPDATE

weapon vote results:
0 weapons: 0
1 weapons: 0
2 weapons: 0
3 weapons: 0
4 weapons: 1
5 weapons: 1
6 weapons: 2

First place: 6 weapons
Second place (Tie): 4 weapons/5 weapons

Please vote upon the following:
How many weapons should Megaman have for the weapon moveset?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:47 pm

6, though with that many we need an intuitive swapping system

SSBC Head Character Balancer

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Competitive discussion is what I do

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM

Geno
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:40 pm

BluePsychic wrote:
AGREE
Normal moves should stay the same or be similar, and he gains new special moves and a new final smash.
This so much.

Mega Man's normal moves are perfectly fine right now, but his specials need to be changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:33 am

We should probably come up with a good weapon scrolling system before we all go for 6.

My vote is at 3 atm, but if someone posts with a good weapon choosing system I'll change to 6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercuryHg34

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:44 am

I've got nothing other then the generic Dspecial repeatedly to swap to the next weapon. Though it makes sense since you have to do that in the actual games to switch weapons without pausing. Could also try something similar to the weapon wheel that Ezio has.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nohrian Sadist

Random
  cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:53 am

6 weapons. even if it's just repeated dspec to change weapons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luffy
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:28 am

It would be pretty decent if you could incorperate an L/R system to switch back and forth, but there's no need to include new controls either, so downb chaging works fine.

6, btw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:38 am

How about down B, then during the 10-11 frames you can press either left or right to go back or forth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:21 am

Dry wrote:
How about down B, then during the 10-11 frames you can press either left or right to go back or forth.

I approve of this idea.
Back to top Go down
Leonard
Level 7 CPU

Link

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:37 am

I vote 8, just because Megaman 7 and 8. (seriously stop ignoring them)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:43 am

The 85. wrote:
I vote 8, just because Megaman 7 and 8. (seriously stop ignoring them)

I never ignored them. In fact, I tried to give an idea for a 7 weapon, IIRC.
In fact, I think we should keep the Tornado Hold and Leaf Shield, use a 7 weapon then choose the other 3 from his classic games.

My vote is, of course, 6 weapons. And, I have an idea for the weapon change system.

Could be something like this:
He puts one of his hands at his other arm and begins to check something on it. Then a hologram pops up above him, similar to how Rush allows communication with Dr. Light in MM8.

Said hologram has the actual weapon select screen, very similar to the pause screen in the classic games (as shown in this Rockman 8 FC screenshot).
We can change to the weapon we want using the directionals and select it by pressing the special button. The attack or shield button cancels it.

Of course, the controls for selecting the weapon should be smooth, to allow a quick and easy weapon change.

Something like this. I put just his current weapons on said screen.
BTW, I know, I'm terrible drawing, but you can get the idea with this picture, I believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roy
Level 7 CPU

Mega Man
  RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:30 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
what the SSF2 devs did was give megaman normal moves repping powers.

for Crusade, he should have regular moves like Kirby (aka what he has now) and his copy powers will be alts of his Side Special.
And he'll have a lot of them.
Actually, Kirby in Smash Bros has moves from his copy abilities.
Combo - Fighter
Fsmash - Jet / Fighter
Dash Attack - Yo-yo
Throws - Suplex

Anyways, regarding number of weapons... I feel like we can do better. than simply have a weapon change special like SSF2/MvC. It seems like people here don't want his weapons in his normal moves, but maybe we can do a combination? Like more iconic moves appear in his normal moveset (maybe physically swinging a metal blade for a smash). Special moves could involve his buddies - Up Special Rush Jet, Down Special Eddy Bomb, Side Special Roll Sweep, and Neutral Special has to be the Mega Buster, obviously.

Now, for Final Smash, I think it would be cool if we involved Wily somehow. Like, a short cutscene has Mega Man blowing up 8 robot masters, then Wily appears in his UFO, does his brow taunt, and attacks the stage in a machine.

Overall, I think Mega Man would be better as a swiss army knife of interesting tools throughout his whole moveset (Normal and special), setting up for interesting combos while being safe most of the game. However, if someone gets close, he doesn't really have a way to get away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonicgx101
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:50 pm

I know what about Astro Crash from megaman 8 as a final smash
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xXtyking1224Xx
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:11 pm

RoyMaster4 wrote:
Anyways, regarding number of weapons... I feel like we can do better. than simply have a weapon change special like SSF2/MvC. It seems like people here don't want his weapons in his normal moves, but maybe we can do a combination? Like more iconic moves appear in his normal moveset (maybe physically swinging a metal blade for a smash). Special moves could involve his buddies - Up Special Rush Jet, Down Special Eddy Bomb, Side Special Roll Sweep, and Neutral Special has to be the Mega Buster, obviously.

Now, for Final Smash, I think it would be cool if we involved Wily somehow. Like, a short cutscene has Mega Man blowing up 8 robot masters, then Wily appears in his UFO, does his brow taunt, and attacks the stage in a machine.

Overall, I think Mega Man would be better as a swiss army knife of interesting tools throughout his whole moveset (Normal and special), setting up for interesting combos while being safe most of the game. However, if someone gets close, he doesn't really have a way to get away.

I am all for this, honestly.

Also, Wily for the Final Smash would be epic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:39 pm

I think that we shouldn't involve Wily in the Final Smash. If he ends up being DLC, then it will be really odd. Plus, you could use the Double Megabuster for the Final Smash, operating the same as his current Final Smash, but actually used in the Anime and ingames.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roy
Level 7 CPU

Mega Man
  RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:04 pm

Double Megabuster doesn't sound very interesting... maybe we could involve Protoman and Bass somehow? Could be a 'summon' type of Final Smash, summoning a couple allies to help out.

Assuming they aren't going to be his alt, anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:07 pm

I totally support incorporating weapons into his entire moveset rather than a weapon swap. All those punches and kicks really didn't fit MM before

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
I totally support incorporating weapons into his entire moveset rather than a weapon swap. All those punches and kicks really didn't fit MM before

Even better idea that weapon swap
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Random

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:

this is cool and all but members here are known to not vote for the creative stuff... Imo we should keep the A moves the same...
Back to top Go down
sonicgx101
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:17 pm

which sounds and plays better?

A moveset full of long range/short weapon attacks mashed together with wily and protoman as final smash

OR

A basic/easy to use moveset with a EASY to use weapon swap with double buster or astro crash as final smash

just think about what it my look like for a couple of hours... Awkward Zombie Entei
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:37 pm

A moveset full of all his weapons sounds much, much better than a moveset consisting of punches and kicks with a few of his iconic attacks throw into a clunky weapon select system. Besides, SSF2 is already using that and Crusade is giving that to Ezio

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Traweezie

Random

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
A moveset full of all his weapons sounds much, much better than a moveset consisting of punches and kicks with a few of his iconic attacks throw into a clunky weapon select system. Besides, SSF2 is already using that and Crusade is giving that to Ezio

Here's the thing Ph4.... SSF2... is coping... MEGAMAN. Obviously this "SSF2 did it" mindset has to stop because you can not do that with the obvious shizz mega IS gonna have. oh yeah SSF2 made his powers go into some of his A moves we would have to come up with something else. And no the weapon wheel for Ezio would be different. For mega the menu should have press down b then hold b while scrolling up or down the menu.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:08 pm

A weapon wheel is a weapon wheel, doesn't matter if you change the selecting system it's still a weapon wheel.

I don't see the problem with repping MM as best as possible through a weaponized moveset instead of a totally sakurai'd moveset with a few MM moves tacked on in specials

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Traweezie

Random

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
A weapon wheel is a weapon wheel, doesn't matter if you change the selecting system it's still a weapon wheel.

I don't see the problem with repping MM as best as possible through a weaponized moveset instead of a totally sakurai'd moveset with a few MM moves tacked on in specials

There is a problem... the community... if we change mega at all I suggest we move it to the br because I REFUSE to have my favorite character of all time get ruined by a retarded voting people that don't even know what they're voting for... as far as a New FS goes I say we should give him Astro Crush. The meteors will fill the screen causing 15% damage for about 10 seconds then A huge meteor will smack the stage and stay there for a couple seconds then it'll explode. causing 30% damage
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:43 pm

I agree, a change this drastic has to go through the balancing team before it gets implimented.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

Evil Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Uh, you guys do realize that this kind of a change, altering his entire moveset, doesn't have to do with balance? No matter what moveset gets used, we will be balancing MM based on THAT moveset. Why do you think Roy and Ganondorf were two veterans we didn't discuss balancing yet?

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercuryHg34

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 pm

The point is that if a new moveset is created here then we would have to balance it first to make sure he isn't OP or a total wimp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Traweezie

Random

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
Uh, you guys do realize that this kind of a change, altering his entire moveset, doesn't have to do with balance? No matter what moveset gets used, we will be balancing MM based on THAT moveset. Why do you think Roy and Ganondorf were two veterans we didn't discuss balancing yet?

I know but I'm saying that because I don't want anymore retarded polls ruining the character
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megaman weapon moveset discussion    Today at 7:26 am

Back to top Go down

Megaman weapon moveset discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next