The only deserving 4th Party Bar_left12%The only deserving 4th Party Bar_right
 12% [ 3 ]
No
The only deserving 4th Party Bar_left57%The only deserving 4th Party Bar_right
 57% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage

The only deserving 4th Party Empty
PostSubject: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:55 pm

The only deserving 4th Party Popeye

Popeye.

Think about it. Without him, we wouldn't have had Donkey Kong. Without Donkey Kong, we wouldn't have had Mario. Without Mario, we wouldn't have Nintendo where it is today, nor would we have Smash Bros.

Let me explain: Before Donkey Kong came to be, it was originally supposed to be a Popeye game. Popeye instead of Jumpman, Brutus instead of Donkey Kong, and Olive Oyl instead of Pauline.
Nintendo had the licensing to make a Popeye game, and there were plenty of designs. One of which, would later become Donkey Kong, and that's the design they went with. For an unexplained reason, they couldn't use Popeye, to where they had to use their own characters. And thus, Donkey Kong was born.

Popeye is truly the only deserving 4th Party character. Sorry Goku, but Popeye deserves it more than you. I don't care that you can turn into a Super Saiyan, once Popeye gulps some spinach, it's lights out for you.

I am suggesting to have Popeye DLC, as I doubt anyone will want him on the main roster.

Last edited by The Scotsman on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm

**** YEAH POPEYE

I'd totally support Popeye.
For main roster, even. Course that'd never happen...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Thanks SP! Glad to see someone support him for main.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Popeye seems reeeeeally oddball...bias-wise, I wouldn't want him in. However, due to these facts, I support him for DLC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:45 pm

+1 supporter.

Yet another giant step to turning Crusade from a sub-par Smash fangame to greatness
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:54 pm

I'mma look at this logically.

Not counting the connection to Donkey Kong, he has a total of about 12 video games across a number of Nintendo systems and old computers, with one game having ports to something like 5 different platforms.

He's ridiculously 4th party, as he came before video games were even conceived.

He has moveset potential. I mean, he's friggin' POPEYE.

Yeah he's popular. Again, he's POPEYE THE SAILOR MAN.

He probably has a ton of sprites since he's been in a number of SNES and GBA games.

I'm going to have to go with DLC at the best. He can be on the main poll, I suppose, if there aren't major objections to him beforehand.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Eh, not liking the idea. I dont hate Popeye , grew up watching him. But I feel it would just be way too odd.

I object
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Yes.

Popeye for At Least DLC.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:13 am

There's a mugen character of him. We can a lot of his moves from that. It's a good one too. So I say YES!
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:50 am

Pops has my support as well.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 1:17 pm

Dr.MarioX wrote:
There's a mugen character of him. We can a lot of his moves from that. It's a good one too. So I say YES!

IIRC most of those moves are customed. While they are decent moves it is better to take moves from T.V. episodes, not the MUGEN character. Of course, I could be wrong about moves being customed.

I do know that Popeye uses a "corkscrew punch" in numerous episodes, that should be his neutral special.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 pm

And a OHKO spinach induced punch for FS, amirite?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:37 pm

I'm not sure.
Personally, I'd like it to be a final form where Popeye gains increased speed, power, and invulnerability for a short period of time after eating spinach (like Brawl's Wario Man).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:41 pm

StayPuft wrote:
I'm not sure.
Personally, I'd like it to be a final form where Popeye gains increased speed, power, and invulnerability for a short period of time after eating spinach (like Brawl's Wario Man).

And while he has it, the theme plays.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:45 pm

YES.
And all his attacks are based off of the epic things he has done while eating spinach (turning into a rocket could be the USpecial).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:47 pm

And a corkscrew for the Side?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:50 pm

Eeyup, exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:20 pm

Bumped for awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
GuiltyBadguy
Level 2 CPU
GuiltyBadguy

GuiltyBadguy

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:27 pm

If we've already got an anime character in the game, why not a cartoon character? XD Popeye would be awesome!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/starwindarts
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 9:14 am

Down Special idea:

Spinach Consumption.

Basicly, Popeye has this sort of stamina which affects attack behaviour. With Spinach Consumption, his stamina becomes gradually restored increasing attack power.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:35 pm

BUMPED with a new poll.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:39 pm

I voted no
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:35 pm

There's no way he's getting onto the main roster. Two fourth parties is overkill, whether or not he's the most "deserving".
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
There's no way he's getting onto the main roster. Two fourth parties is overkill, whether or not he's the most "deserving".
Over 20 Third Parties is totally not overkill either.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 11:00 am

I voted yes for the main roster
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 11:04 am

The only deserving 4th Party 9GaPXuf
Back to top Go down
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU
Broke The Screeen

N/A

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 11:22 am

This is weird.
Back to top Go down
deepstate
Level 3 CPU
deepstate

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 1:20 pm

remember when like 50 people voted to put mickey mouse in the game and didnt even have the decency to give him a kingdom hearts moveset
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 2:09 pm

is...is this serious? also, although it was supposed to be a Popeye game the fact that Nintendo couldn't get the license means it was probably in production before they thought of putting Popeyes face on it. wouldn't be surprised if Dk and Mario were place holders they left in after that deal fell through.
Back to top Go down
deepstate
Level 3 CPU
deepstate

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 2:42 pm

check the timestamps dude. muammar gaddafi was still alive when this thread was made
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The only deserving 4th Party   The only deserving 4th Party Empty

Back to top Go down

The only deserving 4th Party
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next