HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old times,good times.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

Old times,good times. Empty
PostSubject: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Recently,i've been playing with some of my Virtual Console games on the Wii,and for a moment,i felt a rush of nostalgia coming right up my brain.It is strange to say this,but,i think i'm starting to get used to playing those old games again.Have you ever felt like this before?There are some things that we never forget,such as Sega games having that guy screaming "Seeeegaaaa" at the Sega logo,or when you actually beat Mario Bros.,only to find out that she actually was in another castle...there was also the old Tomb Raider games,people are obviously more used to tilting the analog stick to move a character,but in the past,we had to position Lara in order to make her move towards a certain direction.There was also Metal Gear on the MSX,which was kinda hard,but it was kinda rewarding too.Let's not forget about Virtua Fighter,which received several versions and ports,including the Genesis version of Virtua Fighter 2,which was surprisingly good for such an old game.Then,there is Galaga,which was one of the first vertical shooters,and Gradius,which is one of the first horizontal shooters.There is Megaman,and it had kickass music,i'll never forget that theme that played at the intro in Megaman II.Oh,let's not forget,The King of Fighters was so insanely fast and action-packed,even Capcom had trouble with that.There are tons of Nintendo Classics,such as Kid Icarus,Metroid,Punch-out and Donkey Kong.i'd say,without a doubt,the console that started it all was the NES.Of course,there are older consoles,but no one had such an impact as the NES.All the good games started there,and gradually went up,both graphically and gameplay-wise.
There are so many games to mention,this topic might die from over-nostalgia.
Anyway,feel free to comment on classic games,you know,anything,ranging from badass hardcore games(like Ninja Gaiden) to completely different and innovative titles(such as Mario Paint Composer).
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:10 pm

I feel like that all the time. More than half of my games are retro.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Playstation 1 startup sound.

Never forget.
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Sega Saturn startup sound.

Never forget.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:27 am

Not retro, but I missed the original PS3 start up sound.
Back to top Go down
Luffy
Level 5 CPU
Luffy

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:35 am

Going to my nan's to see her collection of consoles. (Baring in mind this was like, 10-12 years ago.)

NES.
SNES.
Mega Drive.
Master System.
N64
Playstation 1.

Never forget.
(And they're still all there today, in pristine condition.)

I'll also never forget playing Co-Op with my older cousin on Super Mario Bros. 3 Every time I went to my Nan's. I cherish this memory much more than I thought.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:37 am

Honestly, my gaming life started with the PS2, I'd played at friends, but I only ever got my own console (The PS2) once I got bored doing nothing when I broke my arm.

In other words, I don't have much nostalgia when it comes to retro games so I struggle to get into them. There are a few games that have stood the test of time and are actually really fun in this day and age, even without nostalgia. I think the two best retro games I've played are Super Mario Bros and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. The others... I just cannot get the interest.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:43 am

Started on the N64 and was a nintendofag for most of my childhood (played a lot, and I mean a lot of PS2 at my cousin's house for a few years) until that moment at age ten when I realized how much I enjoyed shooting and slashing things violently in virtual worlds and branched out a little bit
Back to top Go down
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:45 am

The sight of the Moon in Majora's Mask
Do not forget
Do not fall asleep
Do not pass go
Do not collect $200
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am

Here are some really interesting things about Retro Gaming :
-Before Animal Crossing,there was a game called Animal Forest for the N64.
-You can use a transfer pack in order to unlock new characters between Mario Tennis for the GBC and Mario Tennis for the N64.
-In TLOZ Ocarina of Time,at the Castle's Courtyard,if you shoot a certain jar with your slingshot,a guard will throw a bomb at you.
-NiGHTS Into Dreams actually received a remake for the PS2,it is japanese and has no multi-player,but comes included with the Christmas version of the game.
-Ever wonder what would happen if Virtua Fighter was made for kids?This is what happened when they released Virtua Fighter Kids for the arcades in 1996.
-There is a glitch in Turok 2 during the mother boss,if you shoot way too many arrows at her,when the battle ends,Turok will be impaled by a lot of arrows.
-Backwards long jumping is possible in Super Mario 64 and allows you to skip certain parts of the game,but it was removed in the DS release of the game.
-Quest 64 is one of the most underrated N64 RPG games ever,but that didn't stop it from getting a GBC Sequel.
-Professor Oak was actually supposed to challenge you at the end of the game in Pokemon Green/Blue/Red,but they didn't had time to finish this.However,there is data in the game which can be hacked and allows you to battle him.He has the strongest Pokemon team in the game.

EXTRA :
-Here's a little tip for you,modern Twilight Princess fans!First,find a cannon like those ones you find in the Ice dungeon where you fight Blizzeta.Then,put a bomb in it,activate it and stay in front of where the steel ball will travel.BAM!
There is nothing more powerful than that!Also,if you get a lot of rupees,wear the Gold Armor and do this,all of your rupees will go away!
Thanks for listening-me out!
Back to top Go down
Dreemlan
Level 4 CPU
Dreemlan

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Oh man, good ol' Sonic 2 and Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis, then moving onto the N64 where it was all about LoZ and SSB. I was literally raised on video games, if I wasn't at home I would have my Gameboy Color (Pokemon Edition) and Pokemon Yellow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Lego Racers.

Frogger 2.

Woody Woodpecker: Escape from Buzz's park.

Toy Story 2.

Yup, good times indeed.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 4:49 pm

I won't forget my PS1 that had all three Crash and Spyro games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old times,good times.   Old times,good times. Empty

Back to top Go down

Old times,good times.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1