HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor Empty
PostSubject: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Here's how this works:
For any version of SSBC, find any files not used by the game. Let me tell you- there are plenty of strange/interesting ones.

For example, in version 1.1 (which can be downloaded off of the Facebook page), Luigi is the only character not playable to have a bust:
Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor D6a6e8a32db26cbbf929b6b46f1009f7

Luigi, however, did not have a fighter-name. Instead, Captain Falcon did, who wouldn't appear in Crusade for nearly a whole year:
Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor E418b6f97fbbf54735954ae7cdf59c81

And since Master Hand's appearance in 0.7, his folder has had a few unused sounds (mainly for Crazy Hand). One of them is an inside joke:
"snd_crazy_death_unused" is well disguised because what the file actually is has nothing to do with Crazy Hand. It's actually the kind of stuff the original three devs did around maybe 1 or 2 AM when we were all together- I'd play around with the Debug Menu's sound test in Melee, doing pointless things like this... Razz

Also, more recent versions of the game have included Open-Source logo and forum banner, which clearly are old and aren't used.
Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor E02c63269e7dcb075976459c7ad17a6f

Any other weird finds?

Last edited by Dr.MarioX on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:38 pm

Mewtwo has two files: "dairalt" and "ssmashalt" that have no purpose.

This one is weird:
Onett stage data still exists on the recent version of Crusade, you can see cpu's battling on it if you wait on title screen. Since it has no files, it displays as a grey screen.

Last edited by The Leo. on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:42 pm

There are mugshots for Metal Mario, Master Hand and Deoxys in 0.8.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:51 pm

Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor Rayman
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:07 pm

All of Mewtwo's attack code is included too...

Lucas has a "Lucas_SSBC_Moveset.txt"

Quote :
Lucas MOVESET
Standard Special- PK Freeze (Brawl)
Side Special- PK Paralyse (Can paralyse the foe)
Up Special- PK Thunder (Brawl)
Down Special- PK Ground (Causes an earthquake that can put in the ground)
Final Smash- PK Starstorm (Instead of falling from the sky, Stars fly in from the background)

PK Starstorm also has an unused animation.

Dark Link's folder includes a red Triforce and shards for a final smash, but Dark Link never does a final smash.

Donkey Kong has an old old crouch animation, complete with looking around.
Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor 1e2186983ccd087579512ced50f64334

Falco has "cfalcon" (which is the animation below) and "cfalconair" (a f-air clone).
Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor 38d62c3f4b1561173beda36afb55f23f

Krystal has a "finalsmashvoice" that is clearly unused...

Link has an entrance animation.

Mario has "mariofludd" (just a water animation), "mariostandold", "marioupbfly", and "marioupbglide".
Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor 497bf89f10ad95e003bac3d86fe4443d
Mario's Up Special in the older Crusade engine was Wing Cap.

Peach still has animations for her original Standard Special before it was going to be Toadsworth. A reference to Super Princess Peach, she would wait for an emotion to be picked (happy, mad, or sad) and then...use it...

Weegee has a txt file that shows where his moves came from.

In the Asteroid Field folder, there's ASTEROIDbgunused that is clearly unused. Sadly, it's somehow ended up in either the icon and/or stage preview for every demo thus far.

Green Hill Zone has an animation for a Motobug. Why is this unused?

Halberd was originally going to have the dialogue between the Halberd's crew that was in Kirby Superstar. However, it was never implemented and their graphics are currently unused.

0.8.3 has almost as many unused Angelglory narrations as usual:
-Crazy Hand
-Cloud
-Ganondorf
-Gengar
-Goroh
-Gray Fox
-Hector
-Ike
-Isaac
-Ivysaur
-King Dedede
-Bowser
-King K. Rool
-Nightmare
-Olimar
-Pacman
-Paper Mario
-Petey Piranha
-Pit
-Pokemon Trainer
-Scizor
-Superstar Gang
-Shiek
-Simon (Belmont)
-Sir Kibble
-Squirtle
-Sub-Zero
-Sukapon

EDIT: Super Sonic has completely different sprites in 1.1
Current (looks moar epic):
Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor F6734f3aecceecb35ee095f0c570c5ee

Old (eh):
Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor 376732ce493cbcbd9dc410416eeaf1b2
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Dr.MarioX wrote:

-Cloud
-Gengar
-Nightmare
-Paper Mario
-Petey Piranha
-Scizor
All of my Yes.

Especially Scizor, easily my favotire Pokémon and the main player on my team.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:59 pm

The Leo. wrote:
Mewtwo has two files: "dairalt" and "ssmashalt" that have no purpose.
Before the patch for 0.8 came out. I gave the devs my sprite fixes. However, I forgot to rename those two files into what they were supposed to be called. Thus those two files are still laying there, collecting dust. I was thinking about telling the devs about that. But I never got to that. Now the only thing left to do is getting rid of those files.

The reason I made those are well... I don't remember, it's been a while ago. Had something to do with me worrying about character placement or something.
Back to top Go down
diego222
Level 4 CPU
diego222

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Dr.MarioX wrote:
Dark Link's folder includes a red Triforce and shards for a final smash, but Dark Link never does a final smash

Wrong here. Dark Link has used his final smash against me many times and that red triforce is used. Try to do it.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:22 pm

there is a folder in the file are listed finalsmashbomb bomberman
There is also a file ufo Fourside
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:57 pm

I think I remember seeing a Rainbow Road stage select icon in the folders somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Yah there is one in there, its not finished.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Guys...Someone went ahead and made us a page on The Cutting Room Floor. I was hoping that this would happen. I went in and cleaned it up and added a few things. If you're familiar with the site, I hope that you help out. It'll take a long time to get everything. There's so much- if we can make the article nice, it could be featured.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:46 pm

I love that there's a section showing Weegees attack origins

i didnt think anyone would ever notice that :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:52 pm

I see one flaw in that page; the "WINS" voice clip is used; It is used in team battles.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:38 pm

I did some cleaning up myself. Fixed untrue information. There are people really dedicated to cleaning it up on there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CookieDerp
Level 1 CPU
CookieDerp

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:38 am

Jaklub wrote:
Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor Rayman
This is actually used, and I saw it when playing as Rayman in Classic..... Why the heck? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:38 pm

It was a placeholder. It is unused as of 0.8.4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor   Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor Empty

Back to top Go down

Leftover Content in SSBC Demos/Our page on The Cutting Room Floor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1