HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Who do you want?
Daroach (Kirby Squeak Squad
16%
 16% [ 10 ]
Adeline (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)
10%
 10% [ 6 ]
Galacta Knight (Kirby Super Star Ultra)
5%
 5% [ 3 ]
Knuckle Joe (Kirby Super Star
21%
 21% [ 13 ]
Dark Matter (Kirby)
10%
 10% [ 6 ]
Magolor (Kirby's Return to Dream Land)
19%
 19% [ 12 ]
02 (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards/Kirby's Dream Land 3 (as Zero))
18%
 18% [ 11 ]
Whispy Woods (Kirby)
1%
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 62
 

AuthorMessage
GigaPichu

avatar

  Weegee
  3392

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:44 pm

personally Id want to see 02 in the game most of all.

Being the cause of mostly all of kirbys issues for a long while now
(every final boss is basically a spin-off of his energy)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Random
  566

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Yup, 02 deserves this spot more that anyone IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smash King
Smash King
avatar

  8673
  EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:28 pm


Im not a fan of another extra Kirby rep since I feel the main roster has enough, but I'm open for an extra rep as long as its 02 since we dont have a legit villain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Smash King wrote:

Im not a fan of another extra Kirby rep since I feel the main roster has enough, but I'm open for an extra rep as long as its 02 since we dont have a legit villain.
You have NO idea how much I agree to this.
Back to top Go down
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Random
  566

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:20 am

So to recap...

02: 8
Daroach: 3
Magalor:8
Knuckle Joe: 2
Dark Matter: 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercuryHg34

avatar

  Ridley
  3883

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:55 am

I'll switch my vote from Daroach to O2.


Last edited by MercuryHg34 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Random
  566

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:06 am

Which means...

02: 9
Daroach: 2
Magalor: 8
Knuckle Joe: 2
Dark Matter: 1

YES!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM

avatar

  Geno
  1760
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 pm

If you can actually post a working moveset for 02 I'll agree with him.
I sense Giga's presence...

Otherwise I think Magolor should claim the spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Random
  566

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:36 pm

If it was not possible for 02 to have a moveset that works, he wouldn't be on the poll.
In fact...

Jab combo: Hits with right wing, then left, then with his "cactus tail".
Side tilt: Hits with both wings.
Up tilt: Swings halo around.
Down tilt: Swings wings down.
Dash attack: Rams the enemy.
Side smash: Shoots explosive blood.
Up smash: Slams wings together above 02's head.
Down smash: Slams "cactus tail" on both sides of 02.
N-air: Spins horizantally.
U-air: Shoots blood upward.
D-air: Jabs 3 times downward with "cactus tail".
F-air: Hits with right wing.
B-air: Hits with left wing.
Standard special: Blood Blast; Shoots large orb of blood forward. Starts out big but gets smaller as it moves across the screen.
Side Special: Mini Matter Spawn; Spawns a mini matter who will then fly around and shoot anyone who gets near it.
U-Special: Fly; Allows 02 to fly freely for a few seconds.
D- Special: Green Gas; Creates cloud of green gas from "cactus tail" which will momentarily stun its victims.
Final Smash: Dark Matter Destruction; 02 summons several Dark Matters and all of them (02 included) fire a huge blast of Dark Energy.

How's that?


Last edited by MenacingRelic98 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GigaPichu

avatar

  Weegee
  3392

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:37 pm

the fact 02 has wings alone makes it quite easy for him to have a moveset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  1703

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:37 pm

I know this has probably been addressed before, but he's so...big.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Random
  566

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:44 pm

So what? Porky and Ridley are big.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

avatar

  Evil Ryu
  8834

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:53 pm

I don't understand why people still bother to bring up points like "no moveset potential" or anything in that field. SANDBAG.

_________________
Perfect Hell

SSBC Head Character Balancer

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Competitive discussion is what I do

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  1703

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:03 pm

MenacingRelic98 wrote:
So what? Porky and Ridley are big.

Well, Ridley hasn't always been so big...


And 02...
Kirby isn't even a quarter of his size.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Um, if Kirby is roughly 1/5th the size of 02, and Kirby is 1 foot tall, then 02 is only five feet. Samus by comparison is a lot taller. let X equal Samus's height and Y equal Ridley's height.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

avatar

  Weegee
  3392

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Big is never an issue.

Size is only the limit when you want it to be XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM

avatar

  Geno
  1760
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
I don't understand why people still bother to bring up points like "no moveset potential" or anything in that field. SANDBAG.
In the end Sandbag can actually attack by rolling around and ramming into opponents. You just need time to actually create a logical moveset for a character.


GigaPichu wrote:
Big is never an issue.

Size is only the limit when you want it to be XD
Uh, no. Smash Brothers is a game about representing each franchise the way it is. So that would go for height too.
In reality, the only character that was really changed in terms of size was Olimar, but that's only because he's barely an inch.

Ridley isn't really that large compared to Samus, granted that he'd be in a hunched stance like he normally is. Porky's Mech is roughly around the same size as Ridley, so he can still fit in too.

I don't think 02 fits well in Smash Bros, a game about representing each franchise as best as possible. Going with that, the only logical choice is to vote for Dark Matter (Swordsman Form). Not only because that specific form fits the best in a Smash environment, but it also represents what 02 does.

It'll also look less ridiculous in battle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GigaPichu

avatar

  Weegee
  3392

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:22 pm

having a Dark Matter would be pretty stupid IMO, especially the Swordsman version.

mostly seeing as how Gooey is already a fragment of Dark Matter, and would likely share the same final smash with that thing.

02 could easily fit in smash if his body was shrunken to about Ridleys size.

It would have great air mobility and fantastic reach, only downside being its huge size. Plus dammit 02 is the main villain of Kirby games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Random
  566

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:26 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
having a Dark Matter would be pretty stupid IMO, especially the Swordsman version.

mostly seeing as how Gooey is already a fragment of Dark Matter, and would likely share the same final smash with that thing.

02 could easily fit in smash if his body was shrunken to about Ridleys size.

It would have great air mobility and fantastic reach, only downside being its huge size. Plus dammit 02 is the main villain of Kirby games.

I second this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM

avatar

  Geno
  1760
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:36 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
having a Dark Matter would be pretty stupid IMO, especially the Swordsman version.
But Kirby actually fights Dark Matter most of the time. Makes more sense than 02 would.

GigaPichu wrote:
mostly seeing as how Gooey is already a fragment of Dark Matter, and would likely share the same final smash with that thing.
That's where we can use originality and not just another, "Hurr durr final form" like a lot of the characters already have.

GigaPichu wrote:
02 could easily fit in smash if his body was shrunken to about Ridleys size.
02 would never be realistically considered as an actual Smash character. I can't picture it fitting in at all within the actual roster. As a Boss, sure.

GigaPichu wrote:
It would have great air mobility and fantastic reach, only downside being its huge size. Plus dammit 02 is the main villain of Kirby games.
02 is not the main villain of kirby games where did you get that. He's just the main villain in one of them.

EDIT: Also 800 posts woo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GigaPichu

avatar

  Weegee
  3392

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:09 pm

AEM I can't take you seriously regarding things like this anymore after you were saying how Bed-Mech Porky couldnt work.

Lemme go over my points again. Or more-so, your replies.

Sure, Kirby fought Dark matter most of the time. But, all of those fights eventually led up to 02, who is the creator of the Dark Matter. Adding Dark Matter over 02 would be like adding Bowser Jr. over Bowser.

Lol originality. With Dark Matter, that's already out the door with wanting the Swordsman one. Yay swordsman who can shoot sword beams. Otherwise it'd be orb-form Dark Matter, and that's already Gooeys Final Smash (basically).

You couldn't picture Bed-Mech Porky either, so that argument is automatically invalid. You had no complaints when I was making a Giygas expansion in the SSF2 Expansion Forums, and that was WAY more out-there than 02. You didnt even see it being made or anything yet, so how can you even judge? You can't. You'd have to wait until I have something to show (or, if someone else was spriting him, when they have something).

Also technically yeah, 02 is the main villain of Kirby Games. Just about every final boss that showed up after Kirby 64 was based on (or was an actual spawn of) 02, as well as a few before he showed up. His essance lived on in Dreamland and he spiritually continues to cause Kirby trouble. Even the most recent baddie, Magolor, had his final form looking strikingly similar to 02 (the face with the eye for a mouth).

That all being said, 02 is the true major menace to Dreamland, and having any other villain besides him playable would be a shame to the series.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM

avatar

  Geno
  1760
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:59 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
AEM I can't take you seriously regarding things like this anymore after you were saying how Bed-Mech Porky couldnt work.
Giga it's been months since that happened. Can you really not get over such the stupid argument I made back then? You got your way in the end anyways, there is no reason to look back at it anymore.

GigaPichu wrote:
Lemme go over my points again. Or more-so, your replies.
kk

GigaPichu wrote:
Sure, Kirby fought Dark matter most of the time. But, all of those fights eventually led up to 02, who is the creator of the Dark Matter. Adding Dark Matter over 02 would be like adding Bowser Jr. over Bowser.

Lol originality. With Dark Matter, that's already out the door with wanting the Swordsman one. Yay swordsman who can shoot sword beams. Otherwise it'd be orb-form Dark Matter, and that's already Gooeys Final Smash (basically).

You couldn't picture Bed-Mech Porky either, so that argument is automatically invalid. You had no complaints when I was making a Giygas expansion in the SSF2 Expansion Forums, and that was WAY more out-there than 02. You didnt even see it being made or anything yet, so how can you even judge? You can't. You'd have to wait until I have something to show (or, if someone else was spriting him, when they have something).
Call me crazy, but a giant floating eyeball doesn't sound like that much of a fun character to play as to me. I don't understand what 02 would bring to the battlefield. Sure Dark Matter may not be all that original either, but it seems a heck more playable than an Eyeball.

GigaPichu wrote:
Also technically yeah, 02 is the main villain of Kirby Games. Just about every final boss that showed up after Kirby 64 was based on (or was an actual spawn of) 02, as well as a few before he showed up. His essance lived on in Dreamland and he spiritually continues to cause Kirby trouble. Even the most recent baddie, Magolor, had his final form looking strikingly similar to 02 (the face with the eye for a mouth).

That all being said, 02 is the true major menace to Dreamland, and having any other villain besides him playable would be a shame to the series.
I suppose you have a valid point there.



In the end though, I still believe he'd fit in better as the boss representing the Kirby franchise. After all he IS the true menace to Dreamland, as you said. He fits the role better than anybody else could. Troll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GigaPichu

avatar

  Weegee
  3392

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:09 am

If you think 02 is just a flying eyeball then you obviously know nothing about him.
That's like saying Bowser is 'just a giant turtle' or Link is 'just an Elf with a Sword'.

02 is basically the embodiment of all things sad and bad in the universe (of Kirby). All he wants to do is make everyone live the same hell he is forced to live (being the huge mutant bleeding eyeball he is, nothing much else he can do).
He's basically Kirbys Polar opposite, and a polar opposite to the entire world of Dream Land in general. While Dedede and Meta Knight are his rivals, 02 is the only 'true' foe Kirby has ever had to face, other than crazies like Marx or Nightmare. A foe that apparently never truly died and continues to show its ugly face even to this day.

Also yes I still bring up your stupid Porky ranting, because it's a perfect example of how you think something won't work even though you havent seen it in action yet.

Many people also thought Ridley was most suited to be the boss of Metroid. Oh ho ho look what happened there.

I rest my cases.

02 for DLC :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  1703

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Leaning towards 02 now. And my childhood...

Change my Magalor to 02.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Random
  566

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Alright, that means...

02: 10
Daroach: 2
Magalor: 7
Knuckle Joe: 2
Dark Matter: 1

The king of Kirby villains claims the throne!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM

avatar

  Geno
  1760
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:44 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
If you think 02 is just a flying eyeball then you obviously know nothing about him.
That's like saying Bowser is 'just a giant turtle' or Link is 'just an Elf with a Sword'.

02 is basically the embodiment of all things sad and bad in the universe (of Kirby). All he wants to do is make everyone live the same hell he is forced to live (being the huge mutant bleeding eyeball he is, nothing much else he can do).
He's basically Kirbys Polar opposite, and a polar opposite to the entire world of Dream Land in general. While Dedede and Meta Knight are his rivals, 02 is the only 'true' foe Kirby has ever had to face, other than crazies like Marx or Nightmare. A foe that apparently never truly died and continues to show its ugly face even to this day.
You tell me why he should be playable, that I already understand.

You've yet to say how he'd be playable and what he brings to the table.

GigaPichu wrote:
Also yes I still bring up your stupid Porky ranting, because it's a perfect example of how you think something won't work even though you havent seen it in action yet.
You haven't even mentioned it in action yet, so it makes no sense to mention the argument if you haven't already said what you picture to happen.

GigaPichu wrote:
Many people also thought Ridley was most suited to be the boss of Metroid. Oh ho ho look what happened there.
I always figured Mother Brain would fit that role best, personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GigaPichu

avatar

  Weegee
  3392

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Ok here's what 02 would bring new to the table.

For one thing he could have a potential new mechanic where any opponent that is close to him will recieve slight damage, because of the bad vibes he gives off and the overall pure sadness.

He could be a fighter of many gimmicks, in fact. His biggest thing is sadness and depression. He doesnt fight very hard because he doesnt really care to fight, so he would fight largely by dealing slow continuous damage with many low-knockback but high-damage moves. These attacks are actually causing the opponent to get largely depressed. Over the course of a match, the opponents attacks would get weaker and they would walk slower (say, their speed goes down a tiny tiny bit every time they hit 02).
02 would spend the match racking up damage until the opponent is weak enough to be killed by his real knockback moves. 02 would rely heavily on comboing from a competetive standpoint, but what he's doing it making the opponent 'want' to stop fighting and let him defeat them, putting them out of their misery.
He himself would actually be very light and very fast on the ground and in the air. Contrary to what you think, He wouldnt be made that large. He'd be about the size of Porkys Mech Bed (legs not counting) plus wings. The wings wouldnt have any hitboxes on them either (being fragments, thus they'd be probably unable to be hit).

02 would basically be a speedy combo powerhouse who relies decently on his ability to rack up serious damage and cause issues like slowdown, and potentially other things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM

avatar

  Geno
  1760
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:13 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
Ok here's what 02 would bring new to the table.

For one thing he could have a potential new mechanic where any opponent that is close to him will recieve slight damage, because of the bad vibes he gives off and the overall pure sadness.

He could be a fighter of many gimmicks, in fact. His biggest thing is sadness and depression. He doesnt fight very hard because he doesnt really care to fight, so he would fight largely by dealing slow continuous damage with many low-knockback but high-damage moves. These attacks are actually causing the opponent to get largely depressed. Over the course of a match, the opponents attacks would get weaker and they would walk slower (say, their speed goes down a tiny tiny bit every time they hit 02).
02 would spend the match racking up damage until the opponent is weak enough to be killed by his real knockback moves. 02 would rely heavily on comboing from a competetive standpoint, but what he's doing it making the opponent 'want' to stop fighting and let him defeat them, putting them out of their misery.
He himself would actually be very light and very fast on the ground and in the air. Contrary to what you think, He wouldnt be made that large. He'd be about the size of Porkys Mech Bed (legs not counting) plus wings. The wings wouldnt have any hitboxes on them either (being fragments, thus they'd be probably unable to be hit).

02 would basically be a speedy combo powerhouse who relies decently on his ability to rack up serious damage and cause issues like slowdown, and potentially other things.
See, now I understand how this would all work out. I didn't have anything to work off of how 02 would actually fight, but now that you've came up with his playstyle I understand how he would fit in the game. If you explain how you picture the character into words it makes it easier for others to understand why he's actually that important.
The only question now is if he can have a nice moveset (Which I assume you can make) to fit with that and whether it's codeable or not.

Even though I still prefer Magolor, I can see why 02 would beat him in the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  1703

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:18 am

The slowing down should be in a special move. Something he has to charge in some way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
Neko
Level 1 CPU
avatar

  6

PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:18 pm

I vote for daroach! x33
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]   

Back to top Go down
 
Kirby DLC Representative Poll [Phase 2]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» DCUC Fan Poll
» **Poll of the Day** ~ October 19, 2011
» Rodgers Vs Favre Poll
» ORK POLL!!!
» The NNGO US Presidential Poll!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Suggestion Poll Board :: Suggestion Poll Trash-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum