HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tales of A.C.S.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:36 am

If you haven't heard of Act Cadenza Strife, it is a "Tales Of" series fighting fan game made by Anibache. This fighter is very well made and features 36 playable characters from throughout the Tales Of universe. The game plays like a typical 2d fighter, relying on long combo strings mostly however this game does have an element of spacing that is not present to such a degree in most fighting games of this style. Each character has a completely unique moveset, metagame, and even varied game mechanics. This is a game worth checking out if you haven't already.

Game wiki: http://acs.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Here you can find instructions for downloading and running the game, playing online, detailed moveset and strategies for all characters, and much more.

Here is a gameplay video between two good players:
Spoiler:

Lastly, a sequel is in the works. The sequel will be fully in 3D, will feature a redesigned battle system taking after the origin games rather than a typical fighter, equipment and ability/moveset altering among other features.

In this thread i hope to spark some interest in the game and discuss the game as well as set up online matches with the users here.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:46 am

My mains: Asbel, Nanaly, Eugene
Willing to help players improve/learn with online lobby's. MercuryHg also plays and will probably be willing to tutor as well. If you are already confident of your skills, we're willing to play friendlies (Hamachi makes this easy)
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Any interest at all?

Mercury and I playing:

R3 was pretty great, skip to 9:02 if the whole video is too much
We were playing online
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:32 pm

Still don't know how to play online

EDIT: Btw, I usually play Asbro, Shing, collete, Sophie and Lyris. Would probably need help Razz
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Im Playing : Emil , Guy , Yuri and Shing
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 pm

playing online is pretty simple actually. There should be a folder called Lunaport R45, put all of it's contents into the base of the ACS folder instead of being in a separate lunaport folder. Then you stat the Lunaport exe, a black command box appears. Host presses "1" and enter, joining player presses "2" and enter, then enters host's Hamachi ip followed by enter. Host will get a message about the connection and some stuff about input delay, host presses "8" then enter and the game will start up with both players using their own default P1 controls. Before this whole process, any player can press "4" and enter to have the game record the matches like mercury and i did
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Will have to try that when we're both on chat, then.
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:11 am

Just downloaded the game it seems cool so far
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:39 am

Alpha gameplay of the coming sequel, there's been some speculation of a december demo
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:00 am

Oh, I hadn't realized it was that far along already Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Tried out modding today, got 9 new characters added with an extra CSS row and i have 4 new stages although i havent actually put them in and checked out what they look like (gonna go do that now). Also, 5 characters got "Modified", probably a balancing update or something
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 pm

Pics with detailed instructions or it didn't happen Razz
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:04 am

http://www.mediafire.com/kratos1991#myfiles

English Player - English speaking versions of the characrers
Fan-Made - Fan made characters, not all are completed works
Japanese Player - Official Character DLC
Modified Character - Not too sure, i think it's balancing updates
Music - New song
Stage - 4 new stages
[ACS] Character List.txt - List of the file names for each character. To add a mod character over one of yours, rename the mod file to the corresponding file name and put it into the ACS folder in place of the original (keep the original somewhere)
TOV8.rar - I have no idea, it's locked
UM5-R.rar - Additional row on CSS with 9 new slots. Add those files to your ACS folder, then replace each character x.player file with a mod character to get 9 new characters without replacing anyone existing
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:12 am

you have to rename the character voice players something?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:15 am

Same as replacing the character. For example Lloyd's english file you would rename "TOS1"
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:21 am

Is there any way to know which is which without just trying them all one by one?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:28 am

Among those downloads i provided is [ACS] Character List.txt with all of your answers
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:39 am

Wheee, gracias.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Remember this game? Go to the wiki in the OP and you can now download it's sequel, ACS 3D!

Fantastic graphics in comparison with the original, and lots of character customization available. Unfortunately it's japanese language only, though there are translations available for much of the game on the wiki. There are only 5 playable characters so far, but the game is still a demo WIP and more will come.
Back to top Go down

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:54 pm

i remember yoh talking about this game 24/7
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:45 pm

If by 24/7 you mean a series of posts in a 6 day time span and then never again, from almost a year ago, then sure. Check the post dates in this thread.
Back to top Go down

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:07 am

i am referring to the user yoh who is no longer here

he used to post about this game every day in the chatbox
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:23 am

How do you not remember yoh, PH4?

And I personally prefer ACS 2 better. Gotta have my Sophie Lhant combos.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:07 pm

lol i don't go in chat that's why.

You mean A.C.S. (original). 3D is the second entry in the series and doesn't have Sophie.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:30 am

Ah, right. Well I need to have my Sophie so I can pull off my signature 48-hit combo, or else I can't play it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tales of A.C.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of A.C.S.   Tales of A.C.S. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tales of A.C.S.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1